Designing a diy battery layout. 13S4P 2170 with 3D printed holder inside a triangle bag.

I'm planning to make a 13S4P 2170 (with BAK N21700CG-50) battery build. I have a 56×46×36 triangle bag and bike has 53° downtube angle
E91ivsf.png
. Build is hardtail with BBS02B (20A limit), 90% of the time I'm riding on 75W(1.5A) setting, 5% on 150W(3A), and 5% on full throttle 1000W (20A) to accelerate or when going uphill (the limit in the software is set to 19A but my BMS detects perfect 20A being pulled when full throttle is applied). I intend to 3D print the battery holders.

My current battery is made out of used 2665 that are super heavy, bulky and don't have high capacity. It's simple 13S4P (14AH) in a row
lCji5eK.png
, it barely fits the bag, but there is no solid support so it can move around especially during bumps, the lowest cell has a dent in it from landing on the downtube even with foam inserts.

I want to make the new battery more sturdy, fix it somehow to the frame and change it's shape to fit the bag more snugly. I made a sample layout with cell connections; I tried to have at least 2 strips connecting each series and have at least one cell on the perimeter for easier balance wire soldering (with this layout 11S doesn't have outside connection).
bwIL8A8.png

Not sure if there is any program/calculator where you can put some constrains to create an optimal battery; but that would be cool.

I have spare 63mm×3mm PMMA strips that I want to use for reinforcement on the perimeter. There are also the water bottle holder threaded holes that I could use to add a "cage" for the battery inside the bag (as the straps need to be on the downtube)
GJA4G6Y.png
. That only leaves the upward motion of the battery, maybe some clamps on the top tube going into the bag and holding the battery?

I would greatly appreciate any input. My manual skills are not the best, that's why I intend to 3D print most of the things and add PMMA lining around the battery.

Back