Discussions aren't the same quality without Chalo

I have long contended that he is a troll, nothing more. He takes much more than he gives.

grindz145 said:
I have long contended that he is a troll, nothing more. He takes much more than he gives.

but, but... he made the trains run on time so that makes him an ok guy.

(yes, a hitler reference)

whatever happened to the rule prohibiting discussion of banned memberz, hunh???
OIC.
when LFP royalty duzit iz hokay.

rulez only apply to the plebians, not the leet.
that's how the empire crumbles from within.

Toorbough ULL-Zeveigh said:
..... but... he made the trains run on time......

(yes, a hitler reference)....

Mussolini..... :wink:

Besides
Matthew 7:1-3 King James Version (KJV)

"Judge not, that ye be not judged.

For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again.

And why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brother's eye, but considerest not the beam that is in thine own eye?"

Or something like that.

:D :bolt:

I never heard that one before, and couldn't find it with a cursory review of the posting rules and guidelines.

Lebowski said:
I'd be surprised he'd want to come back... you ban me I would see it as a personal insult and not come back again.
Chalo was banned before and he seemed happy to be banned no more.
Chalo said:
Whoa, I'm back.

Many thanks to Luke for the help getting through the force field, and also to everyone who offered kind words in my absence.

My daily habits have changed a bit in the interim. In addition to setting aside the Endless Sphere, I also broke up with my girlfriend and thus changed my default location to my own place. So I don't know how active I'll be at E-S while I'm finding my new rhythm, but I'll definitely be checking in here.

Thanks again!

Chalo
Come on Moderators. Please lift Chalo's ban.

Just noticed that our founder has been banned :?
knightmb

Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice ""
GIF-200219_161937.gif
You wont get away with it again,
I suppose this will be chalos approach it would be mine 1 chance you get !

grindz145 said:
It sure seemed like he was trying to get banned towards the end. But people change.

My opinion differs; took nothing, gave a lot. If you didn't agree with him, just ignore. I suppose anyone willing to go with the crowd disagreed though.

billvon said:
grindz145 said:
It sure seemed like he was trying to get banned towards the end. But people change.

That's what I'm saying. I don't care how intelligent someone is if they're a monster to interact with. Kindness goes a long way. Kicking people in the teeth all the time will get you banned, rightfully so. It's not cool after your in junior-high.

grindz145 said:
That's what I'm saying. I don't care how intelligent someone is if they're a monster to interact with. Kindness goes a long way. Kicking people in the teeth all the time will get you banned, rightfully so. It's not cool after your in junior-high.
But "taking more than he gives" is not trolling. Lots of people take more than they give here (i.e. newbies.) Trolls are people who post intentionally inflammatory, incorrect or libelous material intentionally to make people angry, and I don't think he was doing that. He had some strong opinions on things, and got pretty abusive towards the end, but it was clear he wasn't doing it just to piss people off. (The fact that some people actually DID get pissed off is primarily their problem; they can always ignore him.)

John in CR said:

I never heard that one before, and couldn't find it with a cursory review of the posting rules and guidelines.
well, Ypedal locked several threads for that exact reason.
so Ypedal is a lie-pedal!

oldest
https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=10413&p=160181&hilit=banned#p160181
Ypedal said:
New Rule : No more talking about banned members please !

latest
https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=88480&p=1290571&hilit=banned#p1290571
Ypedal said:
Considering Luna is currently banned from ES, it's not possible for him to post and defend himself... one of many points to be made... but

John in CR said:

well, Ypedal locked several threads for that exact reason.
so Ypedal is a lie-pedal!

oldest
https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=10413&p=160181&hilit=banned#p160181
Ypedal said:
New Rule : No more talking about banned members please !

latest
https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=88480&p=1290571&hilit=banned#p1290571
Ypedal said:
Considering Luna is currently banned from ES, it's not possible for him to post and defend himself... one of many points to be made... but

Are we comparing luna with chalos complete differing league and offense ?
Y pedal nice guy and some handy YouTube vids but where's his contribution these days I've not seen the guy post ever ?
I think the rule is stupid to say the least how about working on a case by case logical approach otherwise I'd like to point out, I will have to warn you on behalf of the admin for using names that a been banned in quote references, is it really going to be this petty and half secret talks with admin and the report function being abused for cry baby's ?

Ianhill said:
Are we comparing luna with chalos complete differing league and offense ?
Y pedal nice guy and some handy YouTube vids but where's his contribution these days I've not seen the guy post ever ?
I think the rule is stupid to say the least how about working on a case by case logical approach otherwise I'd like to point out, I will have to warn you on behalf of the admin for using names that a been banned in quote references, is it really going to be this petty and half secret talks with admin and the report function being abused for cry baby's ?

sorry man, not fluent in Welsh.
Google Translate said:
atsa one spicy meatball

I've argued with chalos myself over bike rims and called him out for a response and the guy gave it with a strong approach but talked decent over a month on a thread he showed he knew his stuff about spoking a rim up.

I get your joking around with me but on a serious note you can't ban us all and have the same level of enthusiastic help, the guy is gone nw but a lesson must be learnt same for the closed tesla threads just crazy the approach been taken.

I miss Chalo. Abrasive, but almost always right.

But even if he was un-banned, I doubt he would come back.

grindz145 said:

At first I thought he was as well. I cant tell you how many discussion I had about the size of Spoke Diameters correlating with wheel strength and how Chalo would argue my comments saying spoke size had nothing to do with wheel strength because the strength of the wheel was based on spoke tension and how good the wheel builder built the wheel. Ironically, there was some factual basis for his comments even though in-accurate. Trolls usually have no facts or made up facts, Chalo didn't. The funny thing was I read an article about a bike shop in Austin many years ago that did some "free work" on trashed bikes and gave them away to people that lacked resources to buy a bike. I learned it was Chalo's shop. Anyways, even though Chalo has always been about as eloquent as a fart in church with his comments, I cut him more slack than I would have normally because I figured his heart was in the right place.

Back