Discussions aren't the same quality without Chalo

The moderation staff tried very hard to keep Chalo. He broke certain rules and was given a suspension, and he was asked to not break those rules. He broke them again. And again.

Unfortunate. Not easy controlling folks that feel they are giving more then they feel they are getting. Chalo never struck me as one that gave into conforms or would beg just to offer his opinion or advice. I always cringed a bit when reading one of his replies but can honestly say it made me a better person just to grin and work though all of what he was saying.

Moderating is a chore for certain and no one deserves abuse, but, in the bigger picture, getting his views aired in some manner without the food fights would be a benefit. One thing I find offensive is the toxic threads. Why waste the space to begin with. It just adds to the food fights.

This may be just an online forum, but like any group, real or virtual, it has certain rules.
Even a street gang or violent drug cartel has rules, many never recorded , (but understood by all involved) with penalties.
This forums rules are clear and recorded, likewise the penalties. To be effective, there must be no exceptions.
Chalo is a great guy, i like his attitude even if i dont agree with all his thinking,
..... but he broke the rules...so he wears the penalty. (As well as the hat ! )

Regarding the Toxic threads...
.Think of them like the toilet in your house.
...we all need some where to dump the crap at times, and we do not want it spread all around the whole house .! :bigthumb:

Haha. I just looked at one of my pm's from 6 + years ago . I think i called him out and was ready to do it again. Of course that was right after i had my stroke. My filter was totally off . I said what ever was on my mind. My wife had to call me out soo..🙄🤔

So there's this Chalo PM to me almost 5 years ago with him of course ranting about wanting an unrealistically high minimum wage. Responding to a thread where I go on with tales of the rise and fall of unsustainable payscales and the poorest suffering in both directions. Oh, but rereading it led to finding this link again. https://www.bls.gov/web/laus/laumstrk.htm

Toorbough ULL-Zeveigh said:
markz said:
Chalo is here in spirit.
https://endless-sphere.com/forums/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=71129

admin, price check on aisle three (bans)....

That one might not be as abrasive, but he's nowhere near so knowledgeable. I don't find it a good comparison.

But if you're TOTALLY serious, I'm flabbergasted.

speedmd said:
Is this not what facebook is for? :lol:

Facebook is for fleeing from to here.

speedmd said:
Regarding the Toxic threads...
.Think of them like the toilet in your house.
...we all need some where to dump the crap at times, and we do not want it spread all around the whole house .!

Is this not what facebook is for? :lol:
Ah !, Facebook is the “public convenience “ equivalent !
,,,a place you only go if you really have to !

Chalo
Mar 15
E-bikes don't inflict pollution, noise, or significant risk of major injury upon other people in their vicinity. They are thermodynamically several times more efficient than stinking gas scooters. When they are based on traditional bicycle designs, they have the virtues of traditional bicycles-- which make them much easier and safer to operate than small-wheeled or stand-up scooters.

Since Chalo can`t post here I will occasionally put a random quote up.

Ah !, Facebook is the “public convenience “ equivalent !
,,,a place you only go if you really have to !

Eeueewee! I can smell that from here. :bolt:

Icewrench wrote: ↑Mar 25 2020 11:44pm
Since Chalo can`t post here I will occasionally put a random quote up.
??..Proxy posts ??
Does that mean he could post comments with no repercussions

Yes, he did it directly for years with no repercussions. Now there is a little bit of Chalo in all of our DNA.

Now, I have to go wash my hands. :lol:

speedmd said:
…One thing I find offensive is the toxic threads…

Other Toxic Subjects:
WARNING: This area may contain offensive posts or controversial topics.
Religion, Politics, Rants, Raves and heated discussions go here. Forum rules still apply.
Don't click on the URL.

ZeroEm said:
I viewed him as mostly right. But to each his own. A person can get around just fine on low power. Some times you need some high power. But always be responsible.

So you are saying you can own a 800HP/500ftlbs Ferrari or a 250HP Mack Semi Truck with 1800ft/lbs of torque or a 100HP 80ft/lbs Toyota Yaris......... but drive the speed limit and obey the traffic laws. The politicians putting in place wattage laws should do same for automobiles. Nothing more then 100HP period! Hahahaha yea right, paid off politicians and lycra granola tree hugging save the whales hikers

y markz » Apr 17 2020 5:22pm
ZeroEm wrote: ↑Apr 14 2020 9:00pm
I viewed him as mostly right. But to each his own. A person can get around just fine on low power. Some times you need some high power. But always be responsible.
So you are saying you can own a 800HP/500ftlbs Ferrari or a 250HP Mack Semi Truck with 1800ft/lbs of torque or a 100HP 80ft/lbs Toyota Yaris......... but drive the speed limit and obey the traffic laws. The politicians putting in place wattage laws should do same for automobiles. Nothing more then 100HP period! Hahahaha yea right, paid off politicians and lycra granola tree hugging save the whales hikers

That's not the worst, I would impose a 50 mph on highways and 25 mph in cities.

People do own cars and trucks that have 3 to 5 times more power than they need. So why not let bikes be the same. set a speed limit and rules of behavior.

markz said:
So you are saying you can own a 800HP/500ftlbs Ferrari or a 250HP Mack Semi Truck with 1800ft/lbs of torque or a 100HP 80ft/lbs Toyota Yaris......... but drive the speed limit and obey the traffic laws. The politicians putting in place wattage laws should do same for automobiles. Nothing more then 100HP period!

I’ve considered this as a solution to traffic safety and energy efficiency issues: You can have 40 hp. Put it into whatever vehicle you want. 40hp ebike? Fine. But you have to make do with the same 40 hp in a coupe, minivan, pickup, or commercial truck. That’s one way to take the public hazard out of overweight vehicles. Make them slower the heavier they are. That encourages people to use only as heavy a vehicle as necessary to do the job.

And put a $15+/gallon price on fuel which would force people to buy small, fuel efficient, aerodynamic cars instead of trucks and big suv's. Also force people into alternative transportation methods, like transit, car pool, bicycling, and ebiking.

Back