Dogmans racing bike

+1.

At this last event, we had a huge field of gas bikes, and a good solid hubmotor setup was faster than ALL of them that finished.

While our little HX35 hubmotor bike was working, it was running MUCH faster than 99% of the gas bikes there, maybe only 1 or 2 gas bikes could have messed with it, and it had a heavy rider on it.

I think if you get yourself some hookworm 2.5" tires, some good thick tubes (to avoid flats), and get some good practice time in, you could win the entire event if you were careful, or at least be on the podium.

We need you Dogman! You gotta represent for the electrics! Your bike ripped last year until the flat, I remember how well it handled and how well you rode it. Gotta go for it buddy! You can recover from being sick later. :)

another +1...you will feel even sicker after the
Race when you watch the videos, and your not
In them DoGMaN! Great to hear you ditched the front
Frock, front wheel drive e-bikes really have
no place on a race track, far to dangerous
When cornering.

Get well son DoGMaN ;)

KiM

I really appreciate the encouragement guys, but reality slapped me hard today. I'm doing much better, but two days of work kicked my butt, and I could barely move today. This chronic fatigue thing is really funky. You go through this endless cycle of thinking you got better, then after some strenuous activity, wham flat on your back again. I was dreaming that I had a 300 mile drive and a race in me.

So it's gonna be watching the vid again this fall, hoping to have a really improved bike next spring for the big race. A motor that doesn't melt in 10 laps of a 12 lap race would help, along with some real tires. I don't see myself suddenly riding as smooth as Paul or Thud though. Those corners are tough coming at you at 35, but when you get over 40 mph with one of those hairpins coming up, I just don't know how you do it with no mistakes for 13 turns x 12 laps.

Practice is the key, but the track is 300 miles away. Meanwhile, I can at least sneak the bike out when the roads are empty.

Bro, gotta toughen up and go for it!

Get your wife or a buddy to do the driving, you relax and hydrate excessively along the way. Take a huge amount of B-vitamins about 2hours before the race, and continue drinking as much water as possible.

Even sick, you will be able to perform well racing.

Glory is forever my friend. Sickness, money, life, death, pain, are all just temporary bumps in the path.

dogman said:
I really appreciate the encouragement guys, but reality slapped me hard today. I'm doing much better, but two days of work kicked my butt, and I could barely move today. This chronic fatigue thing is really funky. You go through this endless cycle of thinking you got better, then after some strenuous activity, wham flat on your back again. I was dreaming that I had a 300 mile drive and a race in me.

So it's gonna be watching the vid again this fall, hoping to have a really improved bike next spring for the big race. A motor that doesn't melt in 10 laps of a 12 lap race would help, along with some real tires. I don't see myself suddenly riding as smooth as Paul or Thud though. Those corners are tough coming at you at 35, but when you get over 40 mph with one of those hairpins coming up, I just don't know how you do it with no mistakes for 13 turns x 12 laps.

Practice is the key, but the track is 300 miles away. Meanwhile, I can at least sneak the bike out when the roads are empty.

Really sorry to hear that, Dogman.

Chronic Fatigue Syndrome is pretty serious and worst of all people can think you are making it up. You might need to try pacing yourself a bit better.

At the risk of scaremongering, don't underestimate this disease and above all don't be too hard on yourself.

http://occmed.oxfordjournals.org/content/55/1/20.full.pdf+html

Yes to all you said.

Even though getting better, pacing myself is the key. Just hard to pace yourself if you get all exited about going racing. I started rebuilding the race bike and overdid big time this week. When I overdo, it drives my body temperature really low and I feel very weak and sick for a few days.

It took me two months to convince my doctor I had real chronic fatigue. The main point I keep making, is if you are giving up sex because you are so weak, it's not just in your head, or depression. If it was depression, good sex would cure it!

On the other hand, I've been checked out really thoughly, and don't have anything else but the fatigue. It was really good news that no cancer was found, no lupus, ms, or heart problems. Especially the heart, I'm smack in the middle of the prime age to have the big one. It's slowly getting better, but really slowly.

So no race this satruday dang it, but all winter to get used to riding it again. Maybe a relaced to moped rim 5304 on it by spring. It's a steel frame, so it's begging for the welder.

Looking at the odds of a complete full recovery (never to return again) from Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, five per cent or less, it may be prudent to get help.

Cognitive Behavioural Therapy is probably your best bet.

http://www.umm.edu/patiented/articles/lifestyle_psychotherapeutic_treatments_chronic_fatigue_syndrome__000007_6.htme

They really should stop using the word 'patient' though and swap it with client. Word associations are pretty potent.

There is one other thing that springs to mind that you could have and that is fibromyalgia but considering you're not in pain that seems unlikely.

dogman said:
Yes to all you said.

Even though getting better, pacing myself is the key. Just hard to pace yourself if you get all exited about going racing. I started rebuilding the race bike and overdid big time this week. When I overdo, it drives my body temperature really low and I feel very weak and sick for a few days.

It took me two months to convince my doctor I had real chronic fatigue. The main point I keep making, is if you are giving up sex because you are so weak, it's not just in your head, or depression. If it was depression, good sex would cure it!

On the other hand, I've been checked out really thoughly, and don't have anything else but the fatigue. It was really good news that no cancer was found, no lupus, ms, or heart problems. Especially the heart, I'm smack in the middle of the prime age to have the big one. It's slowly getting better, but really slowly.

So no race this satruday dang it, but all winter to get used to riding it again. Maybe a relaced to moped rim 5304 on it by spring. It's a steel frame, so it's begging for the welder.
My girlfriend is starting a Candida diet. And the short version is NO sugar No yeast No alcohol. You can't have much for 2 weeks to get the yeast out of your body then you slowly re-introduce things to see if any of them are not good for you but you keep the yeast and sugar out for ever. You should look into Candida. She has been struggling with low energy for a long time and I told he just drink more coffee but that was the wrong thing with this diet. She started it and with no sugar and not coffee it takes 3 days for you to loose your headaches but then you start to come around she said she we feeling pretty good by day 5. She is starting over because there was some mistakes in her diet so after this weekend she will start again. Good luck man. I hate to see a guy with low energy who wants to do things but cant.

If you've got something that rolls under it's own power, and you miss the race, you're going to have real depression fueled by regret to deal with.

Sometimes I think I push so hard with no sleep or rest on an injured or sick body that it permanently steals a little chunk of my vitality. But! I never never regret pushing and going for broke rather than not even trying. The few times in life that I don't try, haunt me and steal a little part of my soul. I think the goal of life is to die with as broken of body as possible, and as much soul intact as possible. Your body is going to die no matter what. Get as much living in as possible before it does, otherwise your just existing for no reason like a house plant.

Couldn't have said it better myself. It's exactly how I've lived my whole life.

Started with it young too, like the time mom caught me 200' up a vertical cliff freeclimbing. I was 7. Hoka Hey, it's a good day to die. Then it was bmx stunts, vert riding in irrigation ditch half pipes. That was about 25 years before that got invented. Later on it was gravity racing 10 speeds down mountains in the rain, dirt bikes, street bikes, more rock climbing. By the mid 20's skiing just took over, about the time it went extreme. Hoka Hey, skiing the cliffs between the avalance chutes of Taos, on shrooms of course! Years of cliff hucking and climbing backcountry to ski runs where an avalanche was certain death and the funeral would be next june. Finally eventually adding windsurfing in 50 mph wind, and balloon flying to the mix.

Work was no better, I always had to be up on top of the building, or high up the tree pruning. Screw being the dude on the ground. Basicly, I've been chasing the thrill, and spitting death in the eye since grade school. It's called the warrior path in native american religion. You live every day to it's fullest, ready to die right now this moment. Part of it is also enjoying every breath, making every act meaningful by doing it to your best ability. Even time cleaning a toilet is savored and not wasted.

Now this comes along, and everything changes. Nobody that doesn't have this problem can believe just how high the price gets for pushing a bit too far on a given day. Doing better now, but at one point a 2 hour work day needed 3 days to recover. Wow. You just lose all abiltiy to snap back from even very mild exertion.

Right on the money about diet. I've changed a lot of things, and currently am on high levels of antioxidants in the diet, and cutting out as much as possible of processed foods. But though diet helps, it's not the cause or the cure. It's different from food allergy or just low blood sugar induced by sugar in the diet. It goes way beyond low energy. Excercise, even mild exercise can make you feel like you just woke up from surgery and the anesthesia is still half there. Like a safe just fell on you.

The theory is that something is going wrong with your mitochondria. The antioxidants help with cleaning up the free radicals which do destroy mitochondira in your cells. The thing is, you push it, work hard and you make lots of free radicals. So trying to gut it out and push though it doesn't work. As I found out during July, August, and most of September. Every time I pushed it too far, I'd pay the price very hard.

I've been pretty limited by my crushed back for 15 years, so I don't need a full recovery to be back to my backs 100%. Hopefully a lot stronger next spring for the DR. Right now, I'm just thrilled I got strong enough to finish sex again. THAT was pretty dang depressing!

By now, my body is all messed up in many ways, but my soul is pretty good. Wierd thing is that none of it ever killed me. But if I can just learn to schedule my strong day better, I'm still going racing. Just not this week. I blew it already for that.

Well sure enough, race day and I feel like crap. I put in the biggest work week in 4 months though, and next payday I get more than $100. Woo hoo!

dogman said:
Well sure enough, race day and I feel like crap. I put in the biggest work week in 4 months though, and next payday I get more than $100. Woo hoo!
What do you do for work? You are in good hands here. Not to worry about money!

I'm maintenance supervisor for a 68 unit condo association. The job is about 10% supervising a crew of 3, 40% talking to widows about some problem with thier house, houseplants, or just lonely and caught me to yak at me. The rest is hard work, Roofing, carpentry, painting, gardening, tarring streets.

I can't do much of the hard work anymore, but did do too much this week. Made it in to work all 5 days, for the first time in about 4 months. A "day" is now down to about 2-3 hours.

I'm really lucky to not be let go. They really value my proactive attitude towards maintenance, and I took the gardens from so so, to the best in the county. I have 178 flowerbeds to keep blooming 11 months of the year. You come in the gate and think you just went to OZ. You know, the scene where the movie goes from black and white to color in munchkinland. They pay me a rediculous high rate per hour, but every hour I work saves them about double my salary vs hiring a contractor that bills at $70 per man hour.

Back