Drew12345 Trek Fuel Ex7, BBSHD, Battery in Saddle

Thanks matador. I agree with everything you said. I'm only going to use single pack at a time. Here is why?

I want the bike as stealth and light as possible. That's why I only have single battery in normal saddle. I find it's more important for me on the trails. The other things is that I'm realizing about me is that I keep wanting latest battery technologies so won't keep them long. It's for pure fun. I don't recommend the way I use batteries because of what you mentioned above.

How many cycles will it last, I will have no clue. I mean I think I have count on my display but sometimes my rides r very short.

I will say these batteries do have some good punch to them and never cut off on me so far. Will see next summer when it's hot. I didn't get these until end of summer. I will keep this thread updated any impact.

drew12345 said:
I want the bike as stealth and light as possible. That's why I only have single battery in normal saddle. I find it's more important for me on the trails. The other things is that I'm realizing about me is that I keep wanting latest battery technologies so won't keep them long. It's for pure fun. I don't recommend the way I use batteries because of what you mentioned above.

I see. Yes indeed, you needs seem peculiar (sthealthiness rather than longevity).

If cost is no issue and if I were in your shoes, I'd go for the same battery pack form factor (i.e. : a 14S2P compact pack) but I would build that small pack with Sony VTC4 30A 2100 mAh cells rather than the Samsung 30Q 15A 3000 mAh cells. That might give you slightlly less range (4.2Ah-nominal pack instead of 6Ah nominal pack) but your pack would probably last you 3-4 times more cycles. And with such low internal resistance sony cells, you would probably even be able to extract almost the full 4.2Ah (@30A) out of it, rather than a real 4.2 mAh (@30A load!) with the 14S2P Samsung 30Q pack .

Another possibility is the Hobby Lipo battery pouch. Cheap, small, high C-rating (although more hazard risk).

Back