DTBattery / DingTai: Any customers?

crun

10 mW
Anyone have experience of DTBattery.com / Ding Tai battery, direct or via Aliexpress?

http://www.dtbattery.com

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/36V-13-6Ah-down-tube-battery-Li-ion-ebike-battery-with-5V-USB-output-for-electric/32674427868.html?spm=2114.13010208.99999999.283.thWON7

thanks,

I ordered a 48v 11.6ah dolphin battery off them last year.

Communication was good and helpful. Specs were realistic. Claimed 1C sustained, 2-3C peak for Samsung 29E cells.
I've not opened it up, but as far as I can tell with a CA3, voltages and sag look consistent when I've checked against the 29E Cell discharge graphs.
Managed ~60km in a range test when it was new last summer, around 10.5ah drawn I think, but the CA3 LVC (42v) backoff was kicking in hard.

3500km and 130cycles later, it seems to be holding up quite well with no obvious loss in capacity. I use a 500W limit almost all the time, 1000w once in a while. It used to charge to 54.6v, now 54.5v even after leaving it overnight on the charger to balance. Power led used to work, now it works sometimes.

So FWIW, I had a positive experience.

I''ve been eyeing up their 52v 13.6ah high power (25-30A sustained) dolphin packs. 52v would be nice but I can't justify the cost considering my current pack is only 1yr/130 cycles old and still working well.

EDIT:
Ordered via Aliexpress. Still a bit leary about ordering from China but the payment escrow is some protection.

Just realised I'd actually ordered from DT Electronics on aliexpress (not DT Battery).

Not sure if they are one and the same, prices look similar and they seem to share a logo. DT Electronics has been around a few months longer and has better feedback, FWIW.

Thanks for the feedback Summer.
I have to get batteries shipped in a container via a consolidator, so it is quite a slow process until I have samples in my hands - very annoying if they turned out to be totally bogus!

hey, How's the pack? DT electronic now have a 48v 17,5ah GA pack that i'm curious about.

Back