E-motorcycle journey Sichuan-Tibet(15 days, 2140km)

QSMOTOR

1 kW
QS Motor,Jinqing Town, Luqiao District, Taizhou Ci
Hello,

We organized a long journey from Sichuan Province to Tibet(15 days, total 2140km) in the February 2014.
This is a long journey which full of difficulty, challenge, and wonderful.
We tramped over hill and dale, across the muddy road, lodged in village....and final we arrived in Tibet safety.
file.php

In this journey, we drive in the e-motorcycle which assembly with our motor 13inch 72v 5kw (waterprooof IP54, CE approved, speed 60-70km/h, high torque).

Electric Scooter Travel from Sichuan To Tibet Journey China, QS Motor
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z7X4cj2oAoM
file.php

Road Map of journey
file.php

During the journey, the drivers met with many diffculties, charging issue, very bad road condition, plateau-climate, etc.
For charging issue, that's a big problem during the trip, generally, we charging the battery in the close village in advance.
But there is always don't have village or charging station, one time, we take the charging in accumulator from the troops, and it burst since of all batteries charged together.
file.php

SPEC
In this journey scheme, we offered our motor, and the whole vehicle made by our customer(RoMa),
total six motorcycles and one accompany car In Case of Emergency.
file.php

file.php

If any question, please feel free to contact with us.

Best Regards

Here is our Road Map of journey.

Attachments

• road map.jpg
    road map.jpg
    72.4 KB · Views: 4,966
Thank you for posting the video of your journey. Electric drive looks like its good for lugging slowly through mud and for altitude changes.

Please tell us more about your machines and their technical details. Were the electrical sources for charging of sufficient quality for your chargers? Did you charge more than once per day? What was your battery capacity? How common are electric vehicles on your route?

Cool ride Sina.
Sounds like it would have been slow going.

I'd also like to hear about any breakdowns or obstacles you had to overcome.

The video doesn't play it's blocked because of the music copyright if you could repost with out music possibly

Thank you for reply. I'll updat detailed information later..

:D

i would be interested to know how you managed to regularly charge the electric motorcycles while traveling.

what size charger did you use and how were you able to negotiate usage of electric service along the route from local outlets.

is there already an informal network of people who can provide charging outlets? this was all done using 240V 2-3kW chargers that were carried in the van that sagged the tour?

it reminded me of the drive up the canyon of the big Thomson river to our great Rocky Mountain National park.

In this journey scheme, we offered our motor, and the whole vehicle made by our customer(RoMa),
total six motorcycles and one accompany car In Case of Emergency.

At First, I show the detailed SPEC and pictures of E-Motorcycle.
P.S.: This is picture took in the half-trip BaTang Haizi Mountain(about 1200km).

Attachments

• SPEC 4-6.jpg
    SPEC 4-6.jpg
    79.3 KB · Views: 2,050
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    123.2 KB · Views: 4,879
During the journey, the drivers met with many diffculties, charging issue, very bad road condition,

plateau-climate, etc.

For charging issue, that's a big problem during the trip, generally, we charging the battery in the close village in advance. But there is always don't have village or charging station, one time, we take the charging in accumulator from the troops, and it burst since of all batteries charged together.

Attachments

• bad road.jpg
    bad road.jpg
    122.6 KB · Views: 4,875
burst is right if you were charging all of them at the same time. i bet in some villages you were using all the available power they get from the local diesel generator.

so you 'burst' the army generator. i know you were not popular with the army after that.

but truly a great expedition, a lifetime memory. our hearty congratulations to the crew.

was it broadcast back to the homeland by social media over cellphones, and did you have a big following on twitter or wherever you made your trip hang out?

dnmun said:
burst is right if you were charging all of them at the same time. i bet in some villages you were using all the available power they get from the local diesel generator.

so you 'burst' the army generator. i know you were not popular with the army after that.

but truly a great expedition, a lifetime memory. our hearty congratulations to the crew.

was it broadcast back to the homeland by social media over cellphones, and did you have a big following on twitter or wherever you made your trip hang out?

Haha, the army was very enthusiastic, and don't mind the unpleasant case.
For this long journery, you can treat it as a small adventure travel. It has not hang out in other web site. 8)

QSMOTOR said:
Hello,

We organized a long journey from Sichuan Province to Tibet(15 days, total 2140km) in the February 2014.
This is a long journey which full of difficulty, challenge, and wonderful.
We tramped over hill and dale, across the muddy road, lodged in village....and final we arrived in Tibet safety.
Best Regards

Hello,

That's a very interesting trip you made there, it must be very fun!
Do you plan to do other journeys like this? How can someone participate?

I own a QS motor and live in China, you can see more details of my machine, which has similar specs with the others you used, here: https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=75912

Back