e-toxx trampa motor mounts

whitepony

10 kW
as a 2year evolve carbon all terrain rider I always struggled with the tame evolve that is merely a great cruiser and carver and not really a mountain board. dirt trails with a single motor drive are quite impossible and as a 20year snowboard veteran I always liked the idea of bindings.

been following the partially crazy emtb constructions on http://www.elektro-skateboard.de since a while now, nowinds great and everimproving builds, and finally okp's angeldust was the wakeup call to set up a mountain board myself. nowadays, this can be more of a price than a DIY thing if you want to ... buy a trampa of your choice, buy a motor mount, grab 2 strong motors, 2 vescs, 1 box and fill it with batteries, done. :lol:

so its not really worth a DIY build thread unless you fiddle with carbon like okp, Ill probably post some one-pager with pictures in a few weeks when I got all the parts assembled - highlight might be my DIY closest packing 10S6P high current battery that will fire up the boards dual 6374 (192KV SK3) hopefully up to 40km. anyway, main reason to write here now is just to praise jens and his http://www.e-toxx.com motor mount that he sells on request.

the quality is absolutely amazing - the new chain version has lots of cutouts and is a lot lighter than its supersturdy looks suggest, great dual "stamp" mount screws on the trampa truck, precise and beautiful CNC milling, all screws needed are provided and they come in stainless steel of course, generously large cup washers for the motor mount - large enough so they wont work themselves into the motor plate aluminum like on my silly evolve.
finally the sprockets, slightly oiled steel with crazy cutouts that pretty much only leaves the teeth and the mounting holes, full set of stainless steel screws & spacers to mount the sprockets on the superstar wheels (perfect fit of course), finally a chain of correct length with fitting 10tooth motor sprocket for 8mm motors and 1:6 or 1:7 gearing, depending on your choice.

a really great product, Im really exited about the looks and the love for details. if you ever think about building a mountain board and you have the spare money: you should probably go for it and write jens a mail! :wink:

I used some 3M carbon foil that I still had in my garage somewhere to turn down the shiny CNC mill look a little so it would fit the rather dark and savage looking board better - imo the combination looks nearly too good to ride with it. :p

enjoy the pictures, more news in a few weeks :)
trampa1.jpg

trampa3.jpg

trampa4.jpg

Back