Ebike hub wheel spins only when is off group

zlatkomas05

100 µW
Hi there i have for while and i couldn't figured what's the problem. I have modified bionx brushless hub motor with new hall sensors 48v 20ha (max current 35A) battery and i have two controllers one 1000w and other 1500-3000w with max current of 45A. I have this hub more then 2 years. I have replaced the hall sensors a month ago and suddenly i got other problem.
The wheel is spinning only when it's lifted from ground with max speed. But when you put it on floor it try but like no enough torque and it couldn't make one rotation .
I checked all hall sensors seams working the voltage of sensors going on/off( 5v/~0v). Check wire losses but nothing visual i could notice. Please help for advice what could be. Thank you in advance

Hi there i have for while and i couldn't figured what's the problem. I have modified bionx brushless hub motor with new hall sensors 48v 20ha (max current 35A) battery and i have two controllers one 1000w and other 1500-3000w with max current of 45A. I have this hub more then 2 years. I have replaced the hall sensors a month ago and suddenly i got other problem.
The wheel is spinning only when it's lifted from ground with max speed. But when you put it on floor it try but like no enough torque and it couldn't make one rotation .
I checked all hall sensors seams working the voltage of sensors going on/off( 5v/~0v). Check wire losses but nothing visual i could notice. Please help for advice what could be. Thank you in advance
My first thought is a bad battery or weak cell in the pack. My scooter does something similar when the battery is dead, it’ll spin up fine off the ground but go really slow or not move at all when under load.

Two major possibilities:

- like mentioned, the battery could be weak. You could rule this out by measuring how much voltage drop there is during load versus no load
- hall sensors are of a certain combination where the wheel will spin in the air, but not under load. This indicates you have an incorrect hall/phase alignment

Two major possibilities:

- like mentioned, the battery could be weak. You could rule this out by measuring how much voltage drop there is during load versus no load
- hall sensors are of a certain combination where the wheel will spin in the air, but not under load. This indicates you have an incorrect hall/phase alignment
Thank you for your quick reply. I really appreciate your help to solve this strange behaviour. I will check the both options you mentioned and let you know.

I tested the fully charged battery during load vs no load it's stay same or stable around 52v.

I tried to change the all combinations with the motor phases changed the order but same problem. Ex. In some order iof the phases will rotate backwards which is understandable. The both controllers can work with hall sensors and without and automatically should detect if the hall sensors are connected or no.

I wanted to mention plus when i connected with hall sensors or without I don't see any differences. I'm again out of ideas what could be the problem. I tried to check the hall sensors with direct input of 5v and they all work properly. On output of the phases is going AC voltage all same in all phases depending how much i press on the throttle... Thank tou again for your support and advices...
Thank you for your quick reply. I really appreciate your help to solve this strange behaviour. I will check the both options you mentioned and let you know.
IMG_20230713_161712.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20231203_165135.jpg
    IMG_20231203_165135.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 2
  • IMG_20230726_191019.jpg
    IMG_20230726_191019.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 2
  • IMG_20230708_173533.jpg
    IMG_20230708_173533.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 3
  • IMG_20220815_163158.jpg
    IMG_20220815_163158.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 3
Last edited:
Yes it's gearless, brushless motor hub, the display is ukc1. Today i tried my spare throttle and tried without display and same problem. With both controllers same sound and with both controllers if i connect the hall sensors no difference. With hall sensors supposed to work in Sine Wave mode( quiter) and smooth but no difference. The big one1500-300w controller have pins to change the direction. Just wit this controller always no if I rotate the wheel with hand or low speed through the throttle show 24miles/h on display. Which its strange. I ordered new motor hab cable from AliExpress. It should arrive by 18th December and i will try to replace it and open the hub. I don't think both controllers are bad, the battery i test it and it looks great, with the both throttles no difference, test the hall sensors all work fine(0/5v) .

Back