Ebikes.ca

stompatompa

100 mW
Hey all!

I`ve been reading here for long enough, It`s finally time for action :D
I`m placing an order from Ebikes.ca and I`m wondering if there is some gadgets in their store that I really shouldnt miss, now that Im shipping from them anyway?
Shipping to Sweden is quite expensive so I want to get it all at once.

I`m ordering CAv3 and Satiator. Is there something they sell that you really shouldnt miss when you got the opputunity? For example I`ve read that they`ve got awesome torquearms, anything else? Motors, batteries and controllers are coming in from China, yes I`m cheap, but it`s my first bould after all :lol:

Looking forward to some quick nice suggestions as my triggerfinger is allready hoovering over the "place-order-button" :wink:

/Tomas

FWIW, this section of the forum doesn't get much traffic. So I'm sure this reply is late.

Looks like you got the list about right. Add c washers to the list if you bought a front motor.

Re the CA. if you bought a DP CA, be sure you got a controller you can plug a CA into. Might have been good to buy the 36-72v 40 amps controller if you wanted to use a DC CA v3.

Thanx once again Dogman!

Sold my car and going all-in on E-bikes now.
Been commuting in heavy raingstorms a few times and passed the test, so full winter-commuting should be fine :D

*1 BBS02 plug and play full kit allready ordered from bms. This is to safe up the commuting, since my Tonaro bike is falling apart. And it`s to slow anyway :D
*2 "The winter project" This is why I need CA and CS. Will try and build my own pack, I`m thinking 18650s and following varius threads about pressure-packs. To go with that a 24FET IRFB4110 controller from GT, the connection to the CA will hopefully be taken care of by Leo.
The motor will be one of the stronger DD:s. Have`nt decided wich one yet. As you may have noticed, I constantly change my mind :D

Nothing from the second step has been ordered yet, but I`ll place the order at Ebikes.ca today. The question is, do I need one or two of their Torquearms?
Or do I need even stronger Torquearms? I`ll be going for at least 72v and 80A, with some big rear hub.

Thanx again / Tomas

Oh thanx Rodney64!
I did`nt see your post at first.
I`m not gonna do a lot of pedaling on the Big-Hub-build :wink: so a freewheel uppgrade is not necessary.

I like Grin's Cycleluminator. Simple plug and play with Grin's battery or directly into a 12v outlet (which is a standard plug on the CAv3). 1000 lumens output which is far brighter than most of the bicycle lights you'd find in a bike store. Now that Autumn is here, this light level is an awesome help in rain and night riding.

Can you buy a satiator now ? I don't see it on their site unless I am looking in the wrong location.

I really like their red led rear light. Has a nice push button in the center and is very well made as long as pretty inexpensive.
http://www.ebikes.ca/shop/ebike-parts/lights/led8rb-jk.html
Just noticed they are 60$ thought they where 30$. Anyway I still love em. Think I bought my extras on sale scratch n dent.
I have 3 of them tho only run 1 on each bike.

I have one of their cycleluminators also and while it's nice I do feel in this day and age with cheap chinese lights it's a bit over priced.
Yea I know it's going to last a lot longer etc.. but for the price you could get 4 or 5 similar not as well made lights from china.

Thanx everyone!
A bunch of nice small gadgets were added to the final order. The CS was a pilot item, I think one of the last ones. But you can probably email Justin and ask if there are any left.

/T

Awesome service! I would say eleven out of ten :D

Order shipped out extremely fast. Even though I were a pain in the ass and added items literally 5 minutes before pickup, everything was handled perfectly by Justin. Email response has been really fast as well.

If the products are even half as good as promised
I'll be in for a treat!

:lol: I want a Satiator too, but am willing to wait till the minor bugs are dealt with. I'm on a mini vacation and would love to leave my bicycle's reach. I just don't trust taking a (kingpan?) charger with me. I've broken one just from road vibrations. :cry:

http://www.ebikes.ca/shop/ebike-parts/wiring-accessories/siliconetape.html

I put in a vote of their silicone tape. The stuff is wonderful. It is very stretchy and flexible and sticks to itself very well, if fuses actually, you pretty much have to cut it off. You can make waterproof enclosures for connections and if you need to take it off, there is zero sticky residue. I'm not sure how exactly this stuff works but I think it might be magic.

Back