EM3EV EM3ev Jumbo Shark - 52V 17.0Ah won't switch on, strange LED pattern

two_shirts

1 µW
I have a EM3ev Jumbo Shark - 52V 17.0Ah about 2.5 years old, apparently in good working condition and capacity till this week.
It has a push button on/off switch with 4 leds in the same panel.
The LED closest to the switch is red, and the other 3 are green. They are always on, and not affected by the switch.
There is no voltage at all on the output, and it won't charge (this model needs to be switched on to charge).
I think that the last time I used it, I put it on to charge with the charger set to 90%, so I believe its fully (90%) charged.
Other than the LEDs being on, it is behaving like the switch is off.
Tried to open it by removing all the screws, but I couldn't get it apart. Not sure if its glued for waterproofing.
Any ideas? Thanks

This one?
https://em3ev.com/shop/em3ev-52v-14s5p-jumbo-shark-ebike-battery/

If so, I don't see much info on that page useful to your questions. :( No error code list, etc.

But it does say:
We use a high tech, fully programmable Smart BMS, which is rated for genuine 40A continuous plus, with a programmable over-current trip set to >60A (which is ample for the intended application). With our BMS you can view various battery data, such as: cell voltage levels, temperature, instantaneous charge/discharge current, capacity (genuine SOC, measured Ah and remaining Ah), data log, error indication (on matching LED panel) and it all links to your phone with a continually updated and improved App.
So you should be able to get the app and see what the BMS thinks the problem is, before you open up the battery.
Google thinks this is it
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.kroko.bmsmonitor&hl=en_US&gl=US
but you'd have to check to be sure.

This part
Our batteries are designed to be easily repaired if the need arises.
suggests the case isn't glued together in a way that requires damaging it to open. You might need to ask them the best way to get in there, though, if it's not opening easily.

two_shirts said:
I have a EM3ev Jumbo Shark - 52V 17.0Ah about 2.5 years old, apparently in good working condition and capacity till this week.
It has a push button on/off switch with 4 leds in the same panel.
The LED closest to the switch is red, and the other 3 are green. They are always on, and not affected by the switch.
There is no voltage at all on the output, and it won't charge (this model needs to be switched on to charge).
I think that the last time I used it, I put it on to charge with the charger set to 90%, so I believe its fully (90%) charged.
Other than the LEDs being on, it is behaving like the switch is off.
Tried to open it by removing all the screws, but I couldn't get it apart. Not sure if its glued for waterproofing.
Any ideas? Thanks

Back