Enduro E-Bike Build, Totally Lost, Help and Advice Needed Please..

mbgjt1

100 W
Hello all.

I currently live in New Zealand, and am looking at building an e-bike mostly for on-road, but some off road light forest / park trails. I would like to achieve speeds of 80 - 90 km /h (50 - 56 mph), with a focus on great acceleration. Hoping to accelerate from 0 to this speed in under 8 seconds (not sure if this is possible).

I weigh 75 kg, height of 5 foot 7.. Would be nice to be able to carry my wife around as well (combined weight of 120 or 130kg depending on how heavy dinner was :p

Initially I looked at the QS-273, but after allot of research, it looks like this option will be too heavy. So i'm going with the QS205 which comes in a 150 mm drop out which seems to fit nicely. Going for the 4T winding which seems to be a good mix between torque and speed. However, there are people on Youtube saying they can get 15kW of power out of this motor. Is this possible? What is the nominal power of this motor, 5000W? What is the maximum power I can get out of this motor without damaging it?

FRAME
For the frame, initially I was going to go for a cheap steel frame from Alibaba. Allot of people are saying these are the lowest quality steel you can get. I am instead looking at the Vector Typhoon or Vector Vortex frames (not sure what the difference is). I am also looking at the Qulbix frame, but honestly I am unsure how these compare. Anyone used these before? What is the best thing to go for which is around the same price as the Enduro Alibaba frame (under USD 900).

Also, what size wheels do you recommend? 19" moto? 24"?

CONTROLLER'
For the controller, what would be the best option for this setup. I have been advised to go for
1) PowerVelocity
2) Subvoton Controller
3) Kelly controller
Which of these would be best for this setup? What sort of amps do I need this controller to push out?

BATTERY
It looks like most people are going for a 72V battery.. not sure about the Ah though (do I need a 50Ah)?
How does the discharge rate affect this?

I am unsure of the relationship between the battery, the controller and the motor. I want to get the maximum out of the motor safely without blowing it.

Any advice should be immensely appreciated.

Thank you :)

It is impossible to estimate your battery need if we don’t have your ride parameters.

Avoid Chinese frames if you have the money or the opportunity.

A QS 205 H50 v3 can be safely fed up to 25kw peak in acceleration.

50 mph off road does require top suspension components and proper tuning. When the bike is expected to carry a passenger sometimes, some geometry mods are required to make it safe, and some means of suspension quick tuning options should be planned.

Back