extra fees when ordering

Its not a bad thing for a thread to occasionally point out that when customers are ordering parts from another country, there might be extra fees popping up. Its annoying that it is not consistent, and rather intermittent and random.

Also, vendors often cite an average "time till delivery" when parts are ordered. The customs house can select packages at random when they cross the border (maybe one package out of 100), to tear open and search for hidden contraband. More than once I have heard of a mid drive E-bike kit being shipped as an "electric winch". Not only does the package inspection cause a delay in the delivery by several days (or even weeks), the parts are then often thrown back into the ripped box, wrapped with a few pieces of tape, and sent on its way...with the "now" improperly supported parts bouncing around against each other.

This is another one of the reasons customers are willing to pay a little more for a "home country" dealer [fluently speaking the home-country language(s)]...who can sort through the pallet of parts from China and send on tested/verified kits to the end customer. No surprise fees, surprise delays, and surprise packing failures. I have occasionally bought direct from China, and I've also bought from a local and established N. American business. No need to apologize for being caught paying more to get good customer service and a consistent quality of product.

i got great service from em3ev and the package arrived 2 days earlier than expected
the product i am very happy with using it(controller 100v sensorless)1606r 26" 60v
it was after i recieved it and got a bill from fed-ex that was confusing
i try to spend my money with es members first or companies that are spoken highly of on here
i like to spread my money around
i would also like to add that i never asked for the undervalue on my order but like that vendors do that
thx
wasp

Back