Farfle joins the MENS club

Thanks much, 4 turn wye it is. Im starting winding, so will see how many paralleled strands I can cram in this motor.

After attempting to wind for 6 hours, and actually winding for 2 hours, I am 1/6 done. SOOO much faster than the dual pie.
also, my method on turning a 400 foot spool into a 15 paralell strand.

2012-08-07134134.jpg

2012-08-07134143.jpg

2012-08-07134226.jpg

2012-08-07134243.jpg

2012-08-07164503.jpg

2012-08-07164516.jpg

Looking Good. What paper are you using? Have you fire-tested it? I like to hold a lighter up to a sample and see what it does. All the paper I have used barely supports fire once started, and usually has some sort of melty-plastic type drops.

-ryan

its calandered 410 nomex I got from bigmoose, which has been pretty impervious to anything so far.

Good stuff Farfle makes my hands quiver just looking at it, used twin stand on my turnigy ca100 rewind, leather glove on one hand puling the wire taught, I don't look forward to future rewind that's for sure...I like the method you have used to terminate the ends of wires, looking sharp'.

KiM

Haha, thanks mate. Turns out that the stator is now too wide to fit in the can, end turns are bigger than I figured. So I am making some shims that will space the can out further. Going to be a tight squeeze into the bike now.

very very nice,
its inspiring me to build a race bike, and actually spend the time and make something that looks reasonable and rides well

damm im keen to see some videos of this thing running...

Something about your bike design that i just love... i like the color to
100% respect for doing the windings yourself, you did such a good job.
Id feel like i would need to do a week of fingering buckets of sand to toughen up my fingers

So what will the final weight be of the bike loaded up ? how much does the motor weigh?

nechaus said:
very very nice,
its inspiring me to build a race bike, and actually spend the time and make something that looks reasonable and rides well

damm im keen to see some videos of this thing running...

Something about your bike design that i just love... i like the color to
100% respect for doing the windings yourself, you did such a good job.
Id feel like i would need to do a week of fingering buckets of sand to toughen up my fingers

So what will the final weight be of the bike loaded up ? how much does the motor weigh?

Thanks man not sure about the all up weight, should be somewhere around 110 pounds, as for the motor, it's no lightweight right now it's about 30 pounds, but doesn't have phase wires or hall sensors/wires yet

That thing is going to rip. :shock: can't wait for video.

I got the last set of assembly screws in place. There's thirty two 3 mm screws that hold the can halves onto the magnet rings, and the magnet rings together. Murphy must not have been watching though, because we didn't break a single 2.5mm bit, or that itty bitty little tap, or have the bit wander and drill thru a magnet, or anything else that could have gone wrong. all thats left to do is wire the halls, and the phase wires, and it will be ready. now just have to wait for the laser cutting shop to get the rear sprocket back to me, and will be rollable under power!

all wired up and ready to go, 3 strands of 6 awg out the axle and halls are all wired up. All there is left to do is modify my motor assembly tool, and get the ventilation going, but hopefully will get it assembled today.

2012-08-14224853.jpg

2012-08-15011053.jpg

2012-08-15014612.jpg

IIIT LIVES!!! kinda... in fits and starts...

[youtube]tM9_2XFhWP0[/youtube]

Working on it. Motor mounts are yet to be made, and I have no idea when the sprockets and chain are going to show up.

I like the forced perspective - it's larger than life :twisted:

Fingers-crossed/Excited for you, KF

And what's more awesome, at 250A, the windings will be making only 840 watts of heat.

Back