• Howdy! we're looking for donations to finish custom knowledgebase software for this forum. Please see our Funding drive thread

FENRIS MOTORCYCLES

LockH

1 PW
Ummm.. Started out in Victoria BC Canada, then sta
ES Bible "No suitable matches were found."... for "fenris" as in Fenris Motorcycles from Copenhagen.

https://www.ninjette.org/forums/showthread.php?p=1151315

Fenris Motorcycles, a new electric prototype built in Copenhagen, Denmark, lays claim to a top speed of “over 186 mph and 0 to 62 in under three seconds.” CEO and co-founder Jesper Vind has gone on record stating that he sees Italian firm Energica as their only real threat.

“The two [main] US manufacturers started their development at a time when the technology was at an early stage,” he said, “and so we only have one real competitor in Italy’s Energica.”

It’s not all bravado however, as Fenris claims that their new motor weighs as little as 27 pounds, which is approximately a quarter the weight of their competitors. With a proposed final weight of 432 pounds, and power output of around 200 horsepower, this should provide some intense acceleration and speed. An initial run of 500 bikes are planned for release in 2019.

The Fenris features some interesting technology; the suspension employs front and rear swingarms, with a shock for each wheel mounted below the motor. Note the printed label on what appears to be a carbon fiber triple clamp in the video: This Machine Has No Brain. Use Your Own.

http://fenrismotorcycles.com/

[youtube]NwV5KNt2aGM[/youtube]

186mph is cool and all, but honestly most people will be happy with 100mph for less $$$. I, of course, need about 130mph and then I'm happy :D . I wish someone would create a middle of the road bike, less $ than Energica and more power than Zeros. Zero is making great year-over-year progress though. I'm having a hard time not picking up an FXS for the mean time (model 3 savings are getting the way!).

Back