• Howdy! we're looking for donations to finish custom knowledgebase software for this forum. Please see our Funding drive thread

Final parts still needed to make e board.

Your iCharger is a great charger. I would quit dinking around w/ those power supplies and get something like this:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/262087294460

$35 + s/h will get you 12v 60A!. Then down the road if you want to add another you can for 24v which will help speed charging multiple big packs!

my .02

GL!

Oh Snap! Just took her for a ride. Way more power than I had anticipated.

This afternoon I butterflyed the battery and stuffed it all in the enclosure. All I did was connect the battery to the esc to the motors. Made an access door (1.25"x2.5") in the middle of the enclosure to plug and unplug power. Taped it all down on the enclosure and taped up the access and I was off.

Next I need to get an on/off switch. Probably that 200amp switch fuse. Additionally I need a charge lead so don't have to keep unplugging and plugging the battery.
With a parallel charge board will all 12 cells get balanced (2x6s batts) I have a balance lead splitter will that do the same thing?
Just want the board to be user friendly.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    375.5 KB · Views: 931
sl33py said:
Your iCharger is a great charger. I would quit dinking around w/ those power supplies and get something like this:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/262087294460

$35 + s/h will get you 12v 60A!. Then down the road if you want to add another you can for 24v which will help speed charging multiple big packs!

my .02

GL!
I just got the power supply working last night. Just needed a few pc power supply conversion YouTube videos.
Admittedly this power supply does seem a little sketchy and I still don't know how I'm going to get both batteries charged at once.

file.php

OMG, those curves! Loving the deck and the enclosure together.

I gotta say, I'm really digging this shot. The board, the colors, the road, the car in the distance...I don't know man, are you a pro photographer?

CONGRATS dude.

Wroxsti said:
I still don't know how I'm going to get both batteries charged at once.

Can you get to the batteries balance plugs ok? Are you able to disconnect the power plugs to charge? Is that the challenge, or is it more how to connect two batteries to your iCharger?

If that's the issue it's pretty simple.

Paraboard - one set of power to the iCharger, and the largest balance plug connected from the balance board to the charger. Then you plug everything from your batteries to the parallel balance board - the power and balance plugs.

Here's a quick search pic i found:
IMG_0053.jpg

That help?

GL!

sl33py said:
Wroxsti said:
I still don't know how I'm going to get both batteries charged at once.

Can you get to the batteries balance plugs ok? Are you able to disconnect the power plugs to charge?

Paraboard - one set of power to the iCharger, and the largest balance plug connected from the balance board to the charger. Then you plug everything from your batteries to the parallel balance board - the power and balance plugs.

Here's a quick search pic i found:
IMG_0053.jpg

That help?

GL!

If/when I get an on/off switch I'd like to not manually disconnect my battery's at all. Rather have a charge lead come out of the inclosure. Originally I figured I could run my batteries parallel with an additional parallel lead and parallel balance lead coming out of the enclosure. After all isn't that affectively what a parallel balance board is doing?

Your saying the parallel power lead and parallel balance lead will be ok? I'm guessing I will need to charge the batteries separately every once in a while to keep the cells properly balanced. With a parallel balance lead 2 cells are being charged as one and may not get perfectly balanced.
I guess I'll just get the wires and 200 amp power switch and try to hook it up.

On another note. I've been playing with the board more and my range is not what I expected. At best I'm getting 4-5 miles with 2 6s 5000mah lipos. I am a little hungry for torque and I like to keep my speeds between 15-22 mph.

The streets here are not in the best shape and I'm a little concerned for the electronics. Thinking I may need styrophome to wrap components in. Maybe shock pad raisers? Id really like to keep as low profile a look as possible. Have any of you used wedged or angled raisers?

Switching to front wheel drive today to see how she handles.
Here's a few picks of my ride.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    199.4 KB · Views: 328
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    250.9 KB · Views: 743
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    474.9 KB · Views: 743
Back