Flux hollow core longboard (update!)

Received some feedback last night from one of our beta riders! After a 41 mile/66 kilometer ride the battery pack had an average resting cell voltage of 3.67!!! :shock:

A little reminder that this is a stealth build without any unsightly external enclosures. The only visible hardware is the motor/mount!

Time to plan a road trip up the California coast with a backpack and a charger!

23 pounds

Definitely don't want to run out of juice and carry it around much.

The weight does make it drive with authority and very stable.

I can finally ride 30 to 40 miles without frying my legs. Took a while to develop a relaxed riding style.

I was recalculating distance and maybe it was only 39 miles but still had a little juice left.

I will try one of these apps for recording accurate distance.

Any recommendations on good app for Iphone (iOS)?

Really like Strava on my android. I think they have IOS as well (they do. linked <--). Seems reasonably accurate and like the interface:
Screenshot_2015-07-20-23-30-26.png
Screenshot_2015-07-20-23-29-59.png

I listed my integrated power system/longboard deck this morning! Check my "for sale" thread for specs and pricing. https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=73282

Pretty much a complete package, just add your choice of drivetrain. However if you show proof of purchase on torque boards new motor mounts or pediglides hub motors I will discount the price by $20 per mount/hub motor, up to $40 off! :mrgreen:

7xx$ base price means, youll end up at 1000$ish for a full board with trucks, bearings, wheels, motor + motormount - sounds really fair! :) boosted single costs 1000$ and it has a shitty range, small motor and most likely a lower top speed depending on your gearing.

really loved your old color scheme with white board, black ollin logo and orange wheels! :D

I have no regrets with my Flux. It's been great all around.

Tried today to get a max range tracked in Endomondo but my Iphone will not run an app that long. Forgot the cord to charge it on the fly.

Anyway did ~30 miles and pack went from 33 volts to 30.5 resting voltage. 8s and single R-spec motor.

Running 90 mm abecs now but have a set of 97's will swap in soon.

Anybody catch this cool speedometer/footstop from Australia? This guy is developing some cool stuff like disc brakes and anti wobble trucks.

https://www.facebook.com/HuntingZero/photos/a.1392508454383606.1073741829.1386035878364197/1488679991433118/?type=3&theater

Looks good bro. Custom 18650 packs are definitely the future.

What cells you using?
What are the BMS Specs?
Can you ship overseas?
Did you spot weld the pack?

whitepony said:
7xx$ base price means, youll end up at 1000$ish for a full board with trucks, bearings, wheels, motor + motormount - sounds really fair! :) boosted single costs 1000$ and it has a shitty range, small motor and most likely a lower top speed depending on your gearing.

really loved your old color scheme with white board, black ollin logo and orange wheels! :D

That was the idea :D We need to produce a better product at a better price to compete with the larger companies like boosted.

Yeah, that black on white looks nice! And thats the beauty of it, you get to choose the color scheme.

CSN said:
I have no regrets with my Flux. It's been great all around.

Tried today to get a max range tracked in Endomondo but my Iphone will not run an app that long. Forgot the cord to charge it on the fly.

Anyway did ~30 miles and pack went from 33 volts to 30.5 resting voltage. 8s and single R-spec motor.

Running 90 mm abecs now but have a set of 97's will swap in soon.

Anybody catch this cool speedometer/footstop from Australia? This guy is developing some cool stuff like disc brakes and anti wobble trucks.

https://www.facebook.com/HuntingZero/photos/a.1392508454383606.1073741829.1386035878364197/1488679991433118/?type=3&theater

Thats awesome CSN! And to think I was worried you would only be able to go to the tennis gardens and back. Haha!

I like that speedometer too! We should get that guy to make an eskate version of the cycle analyst or maybe Justin from Grin?

onloop said:
Looks good bro. Custom 18650 packs are definitely the future.

What cells you using?
What are the BMS Specs?
Can you ship overseas?
Did you spot weld the pack?

Are you looking to buy a deck? I can meet any requirements you need since I am more of a custom builder rather than a vendor. Let me know what you have in mind and I will help steer you in the right direction.

Vulthor said:
I post a thread on French forum http://www.e-sk8.fr/forum/ about your board. Ley me know in case you can't ship to France.

I can ship international but I have to build the battery pack in a slightly different configuration in order to ship via air. It would come in 4 packages total in order to meet the 100Wh maximum requirement per package.

astilwell611 said:
I think you and pedi should get together and have a complete setup with hubs. If you could offer it for less than the base dual motor boosted ( I think you could) then I think you could really give the big companies a run for their money!!

Yeah, I suppose we could. I can't speak for pediglide but I like the idea of sticking to selling components rather than complete boards. I hope local skateshops will someday fill that role once we gain more traction within the larger longboarding community. All it will take is for a well respected DH racer to be seen cross-training on a crazy fast Eboard and all the little groms will be begging their mommas for a custom electric deck.

chaka said:
His board has an 8s10p 18650 li-ion pack, the pack is around 760wH total. Setting the bar pretty high with this one. 8)
What does it cost to have a board like this made?

chaka said:
nickkapoor said:
chaka said:
His board has an 8s10p 18650 li-ion pack, the pack is around 760wH total. Setting the bar pretty high with this one. 8)
What does it cost to have a board like this made?

For a single vesc model with 72 panasonic 18650pf 2900mAh cells you are looking at $916 add another $110 for a dual VESC version. About 770Wh capacity. With this many cells we can drop the individual cell discharge rating down, the panasonics are rated at 10,000mAh max discharge each and priced similar to the lg's and sony's I use in the smaller packs.

To be perfectly honest you could use a standard discharge 18650 cell in a pack this size with no ill effects unless you wanted to push 40 mph but the panasonics give you plenty of buffer.
So give or take 1000, damn you will be hearing from me soon... :wink: :wink:

Back