Forum traffic has really decreased since I last visited in early 2022!

I'm not sure what you mean. 🤔

We are averaging 7-10 posts per day in that section this year.

2022 around this time, we're seeing about 3-4 posts per day on average.
Example:
EBike General Discussion

From here it looks like it doubled. Please explain!

Or...in the last 1-2 years people are buying bikes directly in person from a shop that sells ebikes, which is a large percentage of the bike shops now. Most of them didn't sell ebikes directly on site before Covid; that was just a specialty thing. Ebikes are not a specialty thing anymore, they are all over the place. Now most shops in my area have some types of ebikes, mostly commuter/casual ones for maybe $1500-2500 USD. They come with warranties, they come with free labor, so if there is a problem, the customer just drops off the bike instead of having to scrounge for information online. That's what I think is really happening. A purchaser couldn't do that four years ago if their best and cheapest option was buying online and having a box bike shipped. If they had a problem with that box bike they have to come to forums to find out how to assemble tricky components and later how to fix those after there is a problem. Now they just drop it off and have someone else fix the issue. Only the DIY people need fix it help online now. Or buyers without warranties or a place to drop off the bike if it's broken. DIY is basically a choice now, it's not a necessity like it was several years ago.

It has been a while since I have posted or visited. I used to visit this forum when i worked on DIY projects, but I dont have to as much now. But I still do browse the pages when I need to lookup something. I think almost everything ebike related has been discussed on these forums already. It is just a matter of searching and finding what you need now. Thanks to all the moderators and admins to keep all the relevant posts organized and accessible. Cheers.

No idea where he is. Hope he's ok!
Somewhere you can find a button. Used to be called Private Message? Now it looks like its called Conversations. You could send Markz a message and hope he gets a email.

Wondering if someone sends me a private conversation and I have not logged into endless-sphere.com for a long time. Hoping it would send me a email. Old forum was way better at notifying me with emails when someone replied to a topic I posted in.

Back