G series motors from Electric Rider

mlt34

100 kW
Electric Rider has some new motors referred to as G8 and G12 motors with pretty nice performance specs. Anyone know what these motors are? Looks like maybe 9C or clones?

g-km12-26f.jpg

http://www.electricrider.com/electricrider/index.htm

Just called their service department, and the G8/G12 are geared hubs, and due to the diameter, they are likely very similar to the MAC/BPM geared hubs.

Using a 26-inch wheel and 36V/48V...their respective top-speeds in MPH are listed as:

_G8___22___27
G12___18___23

Geared? I don't see that anywhere. And Electric Rider says on their site that they only sell direct drive. It seems too large and flat to be a geared motor...

If these are the same G series motors from Clyte then they are indeed NOT geared motors as discussed in another thread about them.

RLD70 said:
If these are the same G series motors from Clyte then they are indeed NOT geared motors as discussed in another thread about them.

I assume you're referencing this thread? http://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=34203
Doesn't look like the same motor.

Ahh, I think spinningmagnets is right, the MAC is flat on the cassette side, and matches the pic on electric rider's site.

Mac%20500W%20Front-500x500.JPG

I talked to the service department instead of sales because the service department would be the ones who handle repairs (clutches/stripped planetary gears) and the guy on the phone said the G-series is definitely planetary-geared.

Funny how our individual brains work.

When I first saw that motor at their site, I simply assumed it was geared.

So, thought they must have labeled it such. But looking at their site now, they don't,
in any clear way, in the text accompanying it.

The 9 lbs a giveaway? The emphasis on torque for pedicabs? Something said geared
to me from the gitgo, and I discussed it with Mike as a possible kit for Amberwolf
back in the spring, since he'd had some good luck with Fusins in hot Phoenix.

But I can see why some folks might have taken it for a C-lyte - if that's a sneaky-small
wheel in the pic above, that would make it seem larger than most geareds, even if the
same size, as let's say, a Bafang or MXUS, though I'm guessin' it is actually bigger, given
its power and price.

And yes, the mind doesn't associate ER with a geared motor instinctively:).

But let me confirm s-magnets' good work, if there are still skeptics. It's geared, alright.

G'day, mates!

Back