gen1 insight hybrid a hobbits journey (wrote on diy e car)

hal2000

1 W
I stànd at a crossroads, squinting down three crooked paths, all of which are garenteed to lead me far from here! In a place of darkness did I find it, yet still did it glow a firey red, and I did covet it and wrestle with the dark one, of slippery words and false promises in his maze of used cars! But he was subdued by twenty of the brothers Grant and we did escape, out of darkness to this place, but now? What way now gentle reader,for my path is unclear! And the one hybrid my steed, stumbles beneath me,weary from a journey of 230,000 miles.

To the North lies purity, On this build it is counseled that I should touch not the tool of the enemy petrol, but instead cast it down it's motor into the fire from which it came, for it was wrought by the hand of otto and can not be bent to our will! Rebuild as pure electric say the elves, for it is the true path! This was my initial intent on finding the one hybrid, but is unlikely,now, for I have journeyed to the library of insight central forum, and learned the history of the hybrid, of its promise and betrayal by great honda who made and then abandoned the true hybrid, and 1,500 Of its brothers! What insight it has wrought in me to see a thing once so strong and full of promise now lame and homeless before me now!

To the South lies gondor and the last of the true mechanics, "We will turn the enemies engine against him", they say, by replacing the battery with a larger enhanced battery of superior chemistry, and plug in capacity. But care... (at what cost in business time & treasure would this new weapon come,for sweet wife does not love this quest seeking always to turn us from it with talk of ramparts needing painting and such.)

To the East lies security and past glory, I am told by some to Restore engine and battery only to original, seeking not the glory of gondor's past, or the range anxiety of mt (e) Instead I am told only to Rebuild transmission and existing nickel metal hydride battery with one from bumblebee replacement battery out of Portland Oregon.

The wife has her doubts about each of these paths, and urges a fourth way. To the west, she urges, to the gray havens via Hawaiian airlines, for there will you find peace and quench your thirst for a low carbon future, with an I.C.E. cold margarita.

The one hybrid is still there, its bright red paint chiped but unfaded, this promise,unfulfilled, This forsaken chimera who fought for right when none others would... I will not leave it thus, in need of battery and transmission. I would have it restored to the glory that once made men proud to count themselves honduns!

So the short answer is yes, Yes young Hobbit, there are still people that dream of glory and a low carbon future with a phev , But take care, beginnings are delicate things, you start off going out to window shop at the used car Lot, and next thing you know you are on an adventure!

Any gandaulf's, Balins, or other dwarves out there, want to lend a hand, opinion, sodering iron, or ociloscope? Loc. Olympia Washington

Hard to know what you like more Tolkien or your Insight. mines trundling along at 130k on a funnier note you should check out the southpark hobbit spoof.

There is option 5. It is really easy and cheap to eliminate the high voltage electrical all together and run just on gas. Fuel economy will be almost unchanged but the acceleration is slower. This still leaves you with a great way to get around. Cross country at highway speed if you like. The aluminum chassis seems to last forever. This was a pet project of a high ranking Honda family member and the Insight is made out of some really good parts. I have 206,000 on mine and it still has the original exhaust.

Back