gng 450 Watt with kelly controller

notger

100 W
hi everybody

I'm Gernot from austria I'm in the e-bike fever since a few weeks now.

I just orderd the gng motor 450watt the one with the rim without controller, freeweheel and throttle
because:
I already have a Kellycontroller KBS72101 and two 30Volt 6,75 Ah liion

could you give me some ideas of combining these parts.
What Iwant from this kit is climbing power in my austrian hills
the kelly controller is programmable so I could make 60 Volts 6,75Ah out of my battery packs, they are from the austrian ebike maker vivax-assist.at they have a 10A fuse

-?-First question at all do you know if the kelly controller would work with the motor
-?-how much amps can Itake from two batteries in arow fused with 10 A
-?-how much amps would the gng take to have good torque
-?-the kelly controller worked with my hubmotor with hall sensor can i still use my old throttle

thanks for your help

gernot

The GNG 450W motor has been run with voltage from 36V to 72V successfully. They seem to work well up to 30A, and then any continuous extra amps above that create excessive heat.

I can't see the point of going to 60v. The cadence will be too high, so you won't be able to pedal with it. The cadence is about right at 36v, so, if it's a choice of 30v or 60v, I think 30v would be better. You'll need at least 20 amps depending on how hard you want to pedal. Your batteries probably won't have enough power. if you must use those batteries, they'd be best in parallel for 30v 13.5aH. Then I'd set the controller to 20 amps and see if it's enough. Mine is working at 36v and 22 amps, which I think is OK for steep hills on the road.

When you test it with your Kelley controller, be very gentle with the throttle until you're sure that you have the correct hall/phase wire sequence

spinningmagnets said:
The GNG 450W motor has been run with voltage from 36V to 72V successfully. They seem to work well up to 30A, and then any continuous extra amps above that create excessive heat.

I'm not too sure about that, my setup peaks at 70 amps.

Back