Halle sensor trouble , Qs 273 -72100 sabvoton

Hi guys ,

I bought few days ago a second hand , Stealth bomber ebike , with qs 273 and 72 100 sabvoton controler , i tested it everything was find , the bike has 270 km only .

When i came back at home i start to have some hall sensor problem , then i swap with the second hall sensor 6 pins connector , still have the same problems .

Then i arrived in this wonderfull forum ! i discover the existens of the programming cable with the mqcon software , to try to find what my trouble !
i use my normal USBmal to USB mal cable , and i can't be able to connect the controller .

Any ideas or help would be welcome !

Is not my first build , i did some bafang before .

Thanks in advance !

You need to install Sabvoton USB drivers for the MQCON software to be able to communicate to the controller via USB cable. You can find them here: http://mqcontroller.com/list/?classid=4

If your controller has a display or display plug that is jumped, there should be a 3 pin connector down the line that you need to disconnect otherwise the controller will not communicate with the software.

I'm also not sure if you can just use any USB cable for the controller communication. I saw a thread on here of someone not being able to communicate with the controller until they bought 'official' USB cable from MQCON. Could be possible that they were just using a charging USB cable without data lines.

I would also have a look at the motor wires where they come out of the motor near the drop out. It's common on these stealth bomber bikes for the phase and hall wires to rub against the disc rotor and because hall wires are much thinner than phase, they end up getting rubbed through first.

afernandez1093 said:
When i came back at home i start to have some hall sensor problem , then i swap with the second hall sensor 6 pins connector , still have the same problems .

How did you determine it was a hall sensor problem? Was there an error code?

You can test your hall sensors using a voltmeter and a 5 volt source (a couple of batteries, or a USB charger, etc.). Just unplug the connector and apply +5V to the red wire pin, Ground to the black wire pin, and then your voltmeter between the black wire pin and one of the three hall sensor wires (blue, yellow, green). Then turn the wheel and see if the voltage goes from 0V to 5V and back while turning it.

Thanks for the answer , no wire , broken next to the disc .

Its my display UKC1 , saying hall sensor error , and i can't fix it even if i try to swap with the spare hall sensor 6 pins .

i Will test the method you gave it to me than i will respond .

Thanks guys ! :eek:

Back