Hello. I have a Bafang ultra with the phaserunner ca setup. I have to run sensorless.

robrob3141

1 mW
Please help. Me. I bought the bafang ultra and a phaserunner v3. The phaserunner company sold me the wrong harness. I specifically asked for the right one and now they don't care... I know what all the cycle analyst phugs are, but not inside the ultra. I removed the interior controller as per GRin Technologies video, but thats the bbshd, not the ultra which I bought from Luna Cycles. They were of no help either. This is been sitting on my bench and collecting dust. I'm at wits end.

robrob3141 said:
The phaserunner company sold me the wrong harness. I specifically asked for the right one and now they don't care... I know what all the cycle analyst phugs are, but not inside the ultra.

I dont think they have a specific harness for the Ultra. You will have to make your own Im afraid.

Thanks for the reply. I watched a youtube from Grin on installing the phaserunner to the bbshd, unfortunately they have nothing about the Bafang Ultra. I removed the inside controller and am left with a 6 pin connector red, white, blue, yellow, and black. The connector Golden Motors said it would fit. Yeah, right. There's also a black plug. Please help me as absolutely no one knows what to do. I've enclosed pics of the cable they supplied, and the black plug in the ultra. I'm willing to pay you for detailed directions. I'm already in the hole over 4000 and that's an awfully expensive paper weight. Thank you, Rob

Attachments

• 20210421_155455.jpg
    20210421_155455.jpg
    302.2 KB · Views: 790
  • 20210427_154854 (1).jpg
    20210427_154854 (1).jpg
    204.3 KB · Views: 790
  • 20210501_180908.jpg
    20210501_180908.jpg
    140 KB · Views: 790
robrob3141 said:
Please help. Me. I bought the bafang ultra and a phaserunner v3. The phaserunner company sold me the wrong harness. I specifically asked for the right one and now they don't care... I know what all the cycle analyst phugs are, but not inside the ultra. I removed the interior controller as per GRin Technologies video, but thats the bbshd, not the ultra which I bought from Luna Cycles. They were of no help either. This is been sitting on my bench and collecting dust. I'm at wits end.

check out andy kirby here

https://youtu.be/g_7n9sN_XVA

robrob3141 said:
Thanks for the reply. I watched a youtube from Grin on installing the phaserunner to the bbshd, unfortunately they have nothing about the Bafang Ultra. I removed the inside controller and am left with a 6 pin connector red, white, blue, yellow, and black. The connector Golden Motors said it would fit. Yeah, right. There's also a black plug. Please help me as absolutely no one knows what to do. I've enclosed pics of the cable they supplied, and the black plug in the ultra. I'm willing to pay you for detailed directions. I'm already in the hole over 4000 and that's an awfully expensive paper weight. Thank you, Rob

Rob all info is in this thread.
Wiring diagrams:
file.php

The pin layout for the PAS connector

file.php

If you think "connecting it" is hard wait until you get to the configuring part :)
Newer Ultra's don"t have the hall sensors in the stator anymore so I wouldn't recommend a Phaserunner on this motor!

If you are not that technical:
Sell your phaserunner + CA and have a look at the Innotrace controller.
They install it for you and it completely transforms your Ultra in one of the best middrives you will ever own.
All my bikes have Innotrace controllers now.

IMG_2076.JPG

https://innotrace-shop.de/shop/

Hello. I have two Bafang Ultra Motors. Do you have the wire schematics to connect? One motor has a black plug coming from the drive shaft and six colored wires from the motor. The other motor has only temperature sensor wires and a white plug from the shaft with 6 wires. Please help. I need my bike for work.

Hi. I have two Bafang Ultra Motors with different connectors. I bought the phaserunner but they don't have the proper cables to connect to either motor. Do you know the wire schematics? Please help. I stuck.

Hello. I have a Bafang ultra with the phaserunner ca setup. I have to run sensorless. I'm having problems setting up autostart. Sometimes the motor delays then starts and grinds my chain for a second before going. I also have great top speed, but I'd like more power at low rpms. I set ramp up to 50 ms. I'm lost. Help!

Hello. I have a Bafang ultra with the phaserunner ca setup. I have to run sensorless. I'm having problems setting up autostart. Sometimes the motor delays then starts and grinds my chain for a second before going. I also have great top speed, but I'd like more power at low rpms. I set ramp up to 50 ms. I'm lost. Help!

Back