Help cellman has a new 7t mac kit?

Yeah I was aiming at buying the "right" kit from the beginning, so did ALOT of reading here on ES before making the decision.

I too dont have any hills - Denmark is flat, all over !

I was in the same situation like you, couldn´t decide to buy a 6T or 8T. So the 7T has got to be the middleway.

I´ve mentionened it in the last post that it was amazingly quiet, but it just amaze me that it even quieter than my previous 250w little assist kit.

Polerkongen,

Could you post the exact specs you bought, using cell_man's spec sheet? I'm looking at buying a kit and don't know much about anything. Sounds like what you bought would be a good starting point. The spec sheet has a lot of info that I don't understand (yet).

Thanks!

I emailed Paul today I'm going to take the leap and order the 7 t Mac..12fet controller,program cable.I asked Paul to go over my order and see if he thought everything would work with my current battery.paul a honest guy to work with and he knows his shit..

benend said:
Polerkongen,

Could you post the exact specs you bought, using cell_man's spec sheet? I'm looking at buying a kit and don't know much about anything. Sounds like what you bought would be a good starting point. The spec sheet has a lot of info that I don't understand (yet).

Thanks!

sure this is whats it looks like in my confirmation mail:

1 26" DH19, 7T upgraded, 12fet 3077, half twist,
2 throttle 1 half twist, spare 5 5
3 DNP 11T 7 1 20 20
4 Program cable for controller 1 10 10
5 Triangle bag 1 30 30

Dont think I will be needing the program cable, I´m afraid I might burn something off.

Hello,

Are you really happy of the services from Cellman from Emission-free.com?
I emailed him a week ago for a quote for a kit + battery and he never got back to me. Even if he is really busy, a short acknowledgement saying that he is going to process my request would be the bare minimum.
This is definitely the wrong behavior.
If the communication is so poor, I am worry that this is going to be even more difficult in case of any problem with the kit.

Thanks,
Fredo

he may not be at home and have internet access right now.

also he may be reticent about selling more batteries to people on endless-sphere since the other guy started a thread trying to force him to take a battery back.

make sure you tell him up front that you expect him to take the battery and motor back if you have problems with it.

that will prevent any further misunderstandings from the people who expect him to take the equipment back after they use it.

my understanding is that he will only certify that it works before shipping. so he may feel it unfair that he is being pressured by people creating threads antagonistic to him here on ES in order to force him to take stuff back like home depot, (who don't even do it any more).

i think only ping is so liberal in his return policy, but you have to pay shipping back to china. but that is why ping has had to raise his prices about 25% above where they used to be, to cover all the free stuff he has to send out when people cannot make their stuff work.

I got a response back from him this morning. Turns out he was at a trade show in Shanghai and had a lot of visitors.

So just a little patience and I am sure you will get responses.

neptronix said:
Mudduck said:
I currently have a mxus rear hub kit and it gets me about 18mph.. I would love to get up to 26 mph(i guess)Paul said 24 on 8 t and 28 on a 6t Mac.I thought 6 t would drain my battery to fast and I do have some small inclines.

I had the MXUS rear hub too. It's very efficient due to the low speed. The faster you go, the exponentially more energy you use. It starts getting really bad over 30mph.

IMHO Paul's numbers for MPH are a tad on the conservative side, but i am using RC Lipo with super low voltage sag, so my numbers may be skewed upwards. I've seen a nominal speed of 26mph on the 8T.

Unless you're thinking about upgrading to a battery pack with a lot more amp hours.. you really ought to stick to the 8T if you need 10 miles of range or so on that battery. Pedal along at 25mph and you should see 10 miles or more.

And get the 9FET controller, at a minimum.

Hi what motor windings and battery's are you using? The MXUS DD kit comes in different winding speeds, anything above 335RPM motor will reach 28 - 31mph on cellmans 52v 11.5ah battery.
A mac 6t would get 38mph + on the same batt.

Yes Paul was away at a trade show took awhile to get a hold of him.I wish he would fix that part,but o well.i had the mxus geared rear hub motor,comes with only one winding that I know of..I order my 7 t Mac kit..I can't wait..

Now I'm confused. I've had Paul tell me that I need at least a 52v 11.5ah batt on a 8T 1000w Mac rear kit to do my 15km trip with a 3-5% hill for 1km, with a pedal assist speed of a min 35 kph, topping out at 40 -45 kph on the flats. He says that I'm pushing the limits too hard with a 39v 9.2ah batt.

So, what type of batt do I really need? Ideally I'd like it as small and light as possible, but I don't want to push the batts limits. Also what winding do I really need? 8T, 7T? 6T?

I really need some guidance, as I've been getting mixed messages every time I research my needs. Currently I'm using a company purchased, purpose built ebike with a 48v 10ah batt, but it has a speed restrictor at 32kph, so I really don't know how fast it really goes. I find the battery a bit heavy too, (but manageable). It can get the 32kph up that 3-5% slope, but that with a 48v 10ah batt. Will Paul's 39v 9.2ah batt do that too?

I think he meant to say 11.5AH 39v battery. What you needed was more amp hours. On those hills, you will chug amp hours.

Try the eBikes.ca simulator. enter in a custom 39v battery and the appropriate amp hours. The BMC_v2 SPD is the 8T MAC equivalent in the BMC world. You can use this to get an idea of how many amp hours you will need.

http://ebikes.ca/simulator/

ty cohen said:
Now I'm confused. I've had Paul tell me that I need at least a 52v 11.5ah batt on a 8T 1000w Mac rear kit to do my 15km trip with a 3-5% hill for 1km, with a pedal assist speed of a min 35 kph, topping out at 40 -45 kph on the flats. He says that I'm pushing the limits too hard with a 39v 9.2ah batt.

okay, that looks like a new interactive chart I have never seen before.

from the looks of it I can go about 35kph up that 1km hill. Within my parameters. that's good. Paul has a 9.2 ah and a 11.5 ah battery. It looks like I'll be draining the 9.2ah battery quite low with a 12km range. I can get about 17km range off the 11.5ah battery. Mind you this is at full throttle all the time and at 3% continuous slope. I don't have that condition, nor will I ride that way either. I might be able to get by with a 9.2. I'm looking for the most lightweight option without compromising on range and speed. (aren't we al???)

Don't short your self on amp hours. You'll eventually want more once you find out how useful an eBike is. You'll also get tired of charging all the time. You'll also find out that lithium battery capacity suffers shrinkage in the winter.. You'll also find out that as she ages, she loses capacity.. and that 9.5AH starts delivering 9, 8, 7 ah year by year..

Summary.. over spec things a little.. always :)
You will also get less voltage drop with a higher capacity since there is more battery to spread out the load amongst the cells in parallel.

Those A123 packs are a solid choice, they are safe, powerful, and last for freaking ever. But they are not the lightest at all.

You may want to consider a ping battery. But you'll want a very large one, like 20AH, because the C rate is so low. It will be lighter and smaller, deliver less power, but the range will be fantastic.

RC Lipo is another option, but you need to know what you are doing with it, invest in proper charging equipment ( $$$ ), and take certain precautions because it is extremely unsafe and dangerous if mistreated. It will live about 1/3rd as long as the lifepo4 options above, but it is cheap, has great power output, and is very light/small.

There is no perfect battery just yet. I am hoping that cell_man or ping can eventually release a decent NMC battery with 3-5C output, because those are the best of all the worlds, but the formulations of NMC are still developing.. good ones are major $$$, like the Dow Kokams.

Have i muddied the water enough for ya.. sorry :mrgreen:

hey no worries. I've been muddied before.

I like the idea of a 7T kit, cuz i wasn't sure of the 8T or 6T myself. It looks like from reading this post and the other post on the 7T, this is a good compromise.

Now, the only other selection is the 500w or the 1000W rear drive Mac?????? :?

The company issue electric bike is not bad. It's a Bafang / 8Fun motor and the 48v 10ah battery is housed in a prefab metal box and turns on with a key. I don't like the bike that it is mated to, but hey, free use of the company bike ain't bad.... I've been told that there is a speed sensor wire that is connected to it in the controller, but I don't know which one it is and don't want to mess with the company bike. Been riding this for the past several months, but it's time to get my own.

We will see I ordered my 7 t mac..I hope to have it soon.if I don't drive Paul nuts..so many questions I torture him..if your reading this I'm sorry..:).

ty cohen said:
Now, the only other selection is the 500w or the 1000W rear drive Mac?????? :?

He should really stop using their marketing term of higher wattage. The 6T is called the 1000W, but it's the same motor as the 500w units, just a higher speed wind is all.

Mudduck said:
We will see I ordered my 7 t mac..I hope to have it soon.if I don't drive Paul nuts..so many questions I torture him..if your reading this I'm sorry..:).

You must be my partner in crime buddy, Ive already asked him a ton of confused questions and changed my order...Let us know when your mac arrives 8)

That's funny..the other day I wanted to ad a throttle to my order I tried emailing him from my iPhone,it kept saying it didn't go thru so I kept trying...Paul wrote me and was like whats up you emailed me about 10 times..:)..

yeah, I was like that too last winter. I think he got fed up with me. I didn't get around to ordering, cuz I didn't get my answers from him on time. I ended up using our office bike the last several months, but I really don't like the setup on that. My ultimate goal would be to get the Mac kit.

Lyen and ebikessf both sell MAC motors now. Get your controller from lyen.

It will cost you more than cell_man, but you're getting the same stuff.
He should be pretty slammed this spring/summer/fall. ES for one.. has definitely been more active.

http://www.google.com/trends/?q=ebike

^-- look at the google trends for the term ebike this year. Magic combination of a mild winter plus gas prices that have gone up... ;D
I'd love to be an eBike parts/bicycle retailer right now ;)

Back