Help choosing a kit for 36mph+

I use regen with LVC set to ~88V. Don't lower than 84V.
Paralleled the 4s packs using these.
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/__32037__JST_XH_Parallel_Balance_Lead_4S_250mm_2xJST_XH_.html
Made adapter cables to turn 3 4s plugs into 2 6s plugs and charge as 12s4p with any 12s or higher balance charger.
Lipo Wiring.jpg

If you are going to use this bike on the Derby city streets as a commuter building for 40mph or more is pointless, if you ride at these speeds you are going to get tugged and nicked! sensible speeds for going un-noticed are 25mph tops! closer to 20mph and you will be safe from unwanted attention. If it where a DH bike then fine, you could always use all the performance when off roading but your rigid frame certainly wont allow those sort of speeds on the rough.
I think you are wanting more than is useable either off road with your frame or on the road without getting done! Don't get me wrong, I am no goody 2 shoes myself, far from it, but I have had a few ebikes including a 50mph Bomber and those high speeds could only be used with no traffic around on night time rides. Even the traffic in our city doesn't move at 30mph! I find myself averaging about 16-17mph these days as that is a comfortable speed to gently assist with the pedals and will get you anywhere in the city as fast as a car. You will probably say your not going to pedal, but I think you will once you have got past the how fast will it go testing stage!

The bike I am currently building for general purpose use, fun and nipping into the city is going to have a max speed of 30mph, HT3525 in a wheel with 22.5" dia running 40 amps from 20s 20ah (84v hotc) and full suspension, as after owning several ebikes I find around here speed is not a high priority. 30mph across the park or on foot paths is ridiculously fast! Derby has a great cycle path network that I didn't even know about before I started on this journey but you wont use the speed that you are thinking you need.

No one has mentioned the ebikes.ca simulator yet, have you had a play with this?

http://www.ebikes.ca/tools/simulator.html

Thank you all for additional advise.

Tench,
I plan not to go over 30 odd mph in suburban areas and 22mph in busy town areas. I didn't really need/want 50mph but with the battery/controller config I'll be using it seems 50mph may be possible, I guess its also a pro that I will have a decent amount of torque. The main reason I want 40mph+ is for when I go to the peak district and ride along some national speed limit roads (that are usually deserted). I also like the idea of underdriving the motor and keeping it cool/reliable. I will be using the three way switch with the LYEN controller that will allow me to limit my speed to three different levels. I have also tried out ebikes.ca simulator it's really useful.

The H4065 has arrived looking lovely:
1jb1aa.jpg

Unboxing:
11si0hv.jpg

35a89ja.jpg

Wiring:
24xqvdg.jpg

2wc2o47.jpg

A look at the outer rim:
i5t1c4.jpg

2drgv4l.jpg

No damaged or cracked aluminium thank goodness.
Now I'm just looking at possible li-po configs, the common 20C 4s 5000mah Hardcase packs are out of stock in England and cost quite a bit more inc shipping from Europe.

No one knows what the little white wire is? :shock:
I'm going to buy 8 of these packs to make a 10ah 88.8v pack. I presume the supplied Anderson Powerpoles aren't adequate?

Rodney64 said:
Not sure what your little white wire is but those 45amp andersons may overheat. I swapped mine for xt150 bullets from hobbyking
Cheers for that I'll swap them out for bullets.

I've tested the white wire to ground (pin 2) on the 5 pin connector with a multimeter and get around 2K ohms, so I'm guessing its a thermistor. :p

consumer-unit said:
No one knows what the little white wire is? :shock:
I'm going to buy 8 of these packs to make a 10ah 88.8v pack. I presume the supplied Anderson Powerpoles aren't adequate?
That's a huge premium for 40C over the 20C. I'd be tempted to wait for 20C to become available and save $200 unless you need more than 100A.

Yeah that was the wrong link I went with the same batts but 20c discharge. Here is the correct link. I brought 9 of them so I have one spare, I prefer the non hardcase jobbies because I can see whether they're ballooning or not.

I've been looking at programming the LYEN controller and don't fully understand it. What is Phase current? I assume its the current going through the phase wires? I can't understand why phase current would be higher than battery current. Is the voltage dropped by the controller making the phases require more current or is phase current peak power and battery power constant power? I plan to drive the motor at; max 3KW continuous and maybe 5KW peak.
Any help would be appreciated,
Thanks

Re phase current... at low motor RPM the voltage thru the windings is lower, so the the controller raises the amps to get the torque, so yes, the phase current can be higher than the battery current.

Nice motor! I am keen to try a 4065 myself!
Yes the white wire will be the temp wire, the pin it makes a circuit with in the mini xlr will be the +5v feed for the halls, this is also used to supply a feed to the thermistor.

Cant help you with the controller programming, I have only used plug and play stuff, never a programmable one. Or that charger, when I used an RC charger to balance a reconfigured pack I used the 306b icharger which I was very pleased with.

Back