Help diagnose cut-out please!

So there's a rail running from battery (-) to a bunch of rectangular components (resistors?) in parallel, then to another rail which runs to controller (-). I'm assuming this is the shunt. I can't see any obvious damage to any component there.

in the second pic, left is charger -, middle is controller, right is battery. I'm sure you're familiar with this BMS.

Attachments

• untitled2.JPG
    untitled2.JPG
    100.6 KB · Views: 283
  • untitled1.JPG
    untitled1.JPG
    88.4 KB · Views: 283
Directly powering the controller has solved the problem.

I'll keep the BMS in there for charging/balancing and use the CA for lvc function. The BMS shuts off at 2V/cell; should I set the CA to cut out at ~40V to make damn sure none of the cells go under because of a little imbalance?

I'll check the BMS in detail to see if I can solve its problem, and just order another one if I can't find it.

Thanks again soooo much for all your help. It's good to have it back up and running again.

If that works, then I would certainly measure the individual cell voltages after a run to make sure one isn't getting destroyed.

You could also bypass just the shunt portion of the BMS and possibly still have cell level LVC protection.

Did you find out what was wrong with your BMS?

I seem to be having a similar problem, but I'm in the early stages of debug.
40A Infineon Controller, with HS3548 rear, 48V10Ahr LiFePO4 (ebay "Sun-Thing28")

Yeah, one of the circuits was bad, likely from a short. The resistance across cell 1 control circuit was a lot lower than the others, when it should have been the same. Replaced BMS and everything works fine.

Back