Help! Electric motion battery tripping.

J2000

1 µW
Hi guys,

Just found this forum when searching for some help with my em 5.7 battery. Doesn't seem to be many forums regarding em repairs!
I was out on my bike recently and after dropping the bike against an another it started tripping. Even when the battery is detached from the bike it trips after exactly 1 minute. It still runs the bike but only for 1 minute max and sometimes less. I opened up the pack to see if there is anything visible that may be touching to no avail. I Googled the BMS to see if there was any info and the only hit was this forum. If there is anyone that can give me a steer in the right direction it would be greatly appreciated.

Kind regards

Justin

Solving a problem depends on useful information supplied by YOU.

1. DESCRIBE YOUR EQUIPMENT. Type of motor, type of battery, location of both, type and location of display and switches, pictures, links, something other than a generic brand name and almost nothing whatsoever useful, which is what you have supplied so far. How the battery is mounted, protected, and shielded against impact just might be important.

2. DESCRIBE THE IMPACT EVENT. "recently" , 30 seconds ago or 5 months. "fell" as in gently brushed against, lightly landed on soft ground, or 30 mph into concrete? Pay particular attention to which side the power wires exit the motor axle, ASSuming you have a standard hub, which at this point is a wild guess because YOU have not described what you have.

3. DESCRIBE THE PROBLEM - by "tripping", is it seeing pretty colors and laughing a lot? OR, when it stops working, does the display go completely dead with no indication of power, or is the display lit but shows an error message - note here if it DOES, you had better damn well describe that message in complete detail - Also, after this, what do you do to attempt a re-start, wait a few minutes, turn it on again, dance the hokey-pokey, what?

Put a voltmeter on the battery, before, during, and after the LSD experience, and provide that data. The usefulness of that data will depend on YOUR description of the battery from step one. Nominal voltage rating and chemistry formulation are necessary.

Visibly examine every single wire and connection for damage from the impact event. Closely inspect each connection, checking for loose pins, firm connection, excessive fairy dust, etc. Take some time, spend some effort, do this not one, not two, but THREE TIMES, because that is how many it usually takes for the BY FAR most common solution to actually get correctly implemented.

Spend some time examining your life philosophy and attempt to answer why a random stranger has put more time, effort, and energy into trying to solve your problem than you have, and how you will proceed when you have a problem and discover no one else gives a shit.

Calm down Bob, no need for all that aggression. j2000 has just found this forum and gets you... What a lousy intro..., its sposed to be a helpful place , not somewhere you get abused on your ?first post.
j2000 ignore Bob.
After a fall or impact when things go awry, I would start looking for a broken wire, dislodged connector or such. Check points such as where cable enters a hub motor, e-brake . If you have a dmm, that would be useful to help determine if it actually is the battery. What makes you think it's the battery?
Does it run normally in that first minute?

Back