Help me build a stealth beach cruiser

nasium

1 mW
Looking to build a light barebones stealth beach cruiser. I have a 26"aluminum single speed beach cruiser (24 lbs) with coaster brake and v-brake on the steel front fork. It's about a 3 mile ride to the beach and mostly down hill going and a bit hilly coming back.

Looking for a front drive motor with torque and speed controller that will work with my 48v Turnigy 12s 5ah pack. I'm 6' and 200 lbs in decent shape. I currently have a Wilderness Energy brushed motor in a very heavy 60 lbs beach cruiser that works with this battery and 7 mile ride but I would like to cut the weight in half with a new stealth light build.

Not looking to build a wheel and I like the smaller silver motors offered.

Many thanks!

All kinds of places have the smaller motors built into wheels. If you run a "48v" controller, the lvc will be set low enough to still use 12s.

I have several Qute 100H including one on my trike. I just bought the geared motor from Ebikekit for my wifes front wheel, and it is a bit more powerful than the Qute. Cheaper than ordering another Qute from China, and very quiet. I have no affiliation with Ebikekit except I like their service and have 3 of their motors now. Their method of getting containers of motors by boat allows them to be very competitive in prices with the Chinese.
otherDoc

Back