Help me find a job in the Bay Area!

flathill said:
What happens if there is no collapse of finance

Absolutely impossible.
There is nothing that I am more sure of than that there will be a financial collapse in the United States in our lifetimes.... that will significantly impact our way of life. 20 years, 10 years, 5 years, or in 5 seconds - nobody can say. I 100% stake my reputation on it - as well as the welfare of my family. To believe otherwise in my opinion... is to believe in something non-factual. Not sure how long the bad part will last, and not sure how long the recovery will take.

There is a big difference between believing the rapture is coming (or some half baked cult leader stuff like that) and simply understanding what it means to print $850,000,000,000.00 Dollars a year - to buy junk bonds - through middleman assholes - to fight illegal and irrational wars - and.....

$850,000,000,000.00

As a human we are not capable of understanding the magnitude of a number that large. Just because we toss the terms around does not mean that we grasp it.

So... in the back of my head - always - I am thinking about where I will be, what I will be doing, and how I will be prepared when this time comes. My grandma was the youngest of 13 during the depression. She ate lard, cat food, and chicken livers until the day she died. This is a plausible reality - and I prefer steak and eggs to cat food and liver.

-methods

dnmun said:
it is not legal to grow it. the prices of pot here now is so low from so many people with grows that there is almost no money in it.

already the ozs are $175 on the street and lbs for $1200 if you know the right people. but it is illegal to grow without a provider's card. and then only 6 people you can provide for and the sales have to be at cost, which is considered to be $60/oz. for sense.!!!!

There was plenty of money in it when an oz was $10 back when I was in HS, during which time it jumped $40 with no increase in cost. Once it's comparable to cigarettes there will still be big money in it, though that will never be allowed to happen.

http://archive.org/details/SilentWeaponsForQuietWars_75

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Larry_Kelly,_Jr

methods said:
flathill said:

Absolutely impossible.
There is nothing that I am more sure of than that there will be a financial collapse in the United States in our lifetimes.... that will significantly impact our way of life. 20 years, 10 years, 5 years, or in 5 seconds - nobody can say. I 100% stake my reputation on it - as well as the welfare of my family. To believe otherwise in my opinion... is to believe in something non-factual. Not sure how long the bad part will last, and not sure how long the recovery will take.

There is a big difference between believing the rapture is coming (or some half baked cult leader stuff like that) and simply understanding what it means to print $850,000,000,000.00 Dollars a year - to buy junk bonds - through middleman assholes - to fight illegal and irrational wars - and.....

$850,000,000,000.00

As a human we are not capable of understanding the magnitude of a number that large. Just because we toss the terms around does not mean that we grasp it.

So... in the back of my head - always - I am thinking about where I will be, what I will be doing, and how I will be prepared when this time comes. My grandma was the youngest of 13 during the depression. She ate lard, cat food, and chicken livers until the day she died. This is a plausible reality - and I prefer steak and eggs to cat food and liver.

-methods

The only problem with that view is it doesn't consider why it has worked for so long. That is because so much of the entire world's economy is dollar based, so printing extra money has only a fractional effect on the US itself. The whole world treats those pieces of paper as having real value, so until a change occurs such as oil and gas no longer priced in dollars, the status quo will continue. If, however, the US doesn't change its ways and start producing real products of real value, then you're right, eventually it has to come crashing down. The 0.1%ers who are really in control won't let that happen for a decade or two, until they can move their thievery to China and other now developing countries who are on the verge of becoming economic engines dwarfing the US economy. Then they no longer need to prop up the US.

John in CR said:
methods said:
flathill said:

Absolutely impossible.

$850,000,000,000.00

-methods

The only problem with that view is it doesn't consider why it has worked for so long. That is because so much of the entire world's economy is dollar based, so printing extra money has only a fractional effect on the US itself. The whole world treats those pieces of paper as having real value, so until a change occurs such as oil and gas no longer priced in dollars, the status quo will continue. If, however, the US doesn't change its ways and start producing real products of real value, then you're right, eventually it has to come crashing down. The 0.1%ers who are really in control won't let that happen for a decade or two, until they can move their thievery to China and other now developing countries who are on the verge of becoming economic engines dwarfing the US economy. Then they no longer need to prop up the US.

Not that I'm saying this is "really indicative of anything" or anything, but by using monetary inflation to readjust the nominal GDP to calculate the real gdp, it's been declining at 8% per year in the USA while increasing 8% in China. I see 8% figures quite often for China's GDP in the news, so I'm thinking using M2 is probably realistic; but, I can't say I totally understand the future implications of the federal reserve's money printing. Will USA's nominal GDP 'catch up' or will it start showing how it's really declining, just like Europe, once the money printing stops masking what's really going on?

I'm betting it's really declining.... the USA situation doesn't seem to be significantly different, fundamentally, than Europe's. And even Canada is showing a real decline, though less so than either the USA or Europe. And, I can see manifestations of a decline on the streets and the neighborhoods.

My suspicion is that offshoring and growing economic competition from China and India is fueling the decline, as money tends to flow towards the lowest prices.
It's kind of like how one business starts losing business to competitors with lower prices, the business declines, people get laid off (Especially the expensive workers), wages decrease,etc.

Will it reverse in the future?

Maybe. I'm guessing it'll probably take a substantially growing energy source to reverse the decline, as I believe the limits to the growth in the global energy supply is the "hard ceiling" that the world's economies are limited by. If one country grows faster, necessarily one or more other countries must grow slower, potentially even shrinking...

*Wonders how economic decline relates to a financial collapse... thinks there must be a connection somewhere...*

http://www.purpleclover.com/relationships/158-id-thank-everybody-who-ever-divorced-or-fired-me/?icid=maing-grid7%7Cmain5%7Cdl25%7Csec1_lnk3%26pLid%3D338643

Yeah, but WHAT IF there's no financial collapse? It was impossible that knotheads like George Dubya Bush and Barack Obummer would ever become president, now we're going to be suffering from the harm they've done for a long time. Sounds like the lack of a financial collapse is your own personal black swan.

There are other ways to erode the stock market. Near the end of his presidency the robust Clinton economy pushed the Dow to a then record 11,8xx somesuch. 2 years later Dubya had already pushed it at or under 9,000, don't remember exact numbers. Then his nonstop delusions about Iraq took a firm hold, him babbling about "Game over" and the like. 6-8 months of that and the Dow was at 7,500 or less. (Wish I had exact figures.) A bigger drop than a "Collapse" can even manage. Eventually pent up demand to just BE investing caused what they call a "Bear run in a bull market," the Down exceeding the Clinton high for awhile but was quite a bit off that by August of 2008. By October when it was at 7,500, some of these analysts were speculating that's where it probably should have been for 5 years, but the investors just wanted to invest.

The Fed printing money and the Government running up debt won't cause an economic collapse. It'll happen for the same reasons it ALWAYS happens: People will get scared and do the things that cause it. 2008 was caused by things like people withdrawing their money from the banks in a panic. (Among other things.) My bank, Washington Mutual, had over billions withdrawn in just 2 weeks. But this had no effect on my account, every one of my checks cleared in the normal time, etc. The biggest thing to finally loosened things up was when people got up the nerve to deposit their money again. . . .

Sent a mail.

methods said:
My grandma was the youngest of 13 during the depression. She ate lard, cat food, and chicken livers until the day she died. This is a plausible reality - and I prefer steak and eggs to cat food and liver.
Yum! I'm vegetarian though, for philosophical reasons, and prefer a garden over any plausible realities ventured here.

John in CR said:
The only problem with that view is it doesn't consider why it has worked for so long. That is because so much of the entire world's economy is dollar based, so printing extra money has only a fractional effect on the US itself. The whole world treats those pieces of paper as having real value, so until a change occurs such as oil and gas no longer priced in dollars, the status quo will continue. If, however, the US doesn't change its ways and start producing real products of real value, then you're right, eventually it has to come crashing down. The 0.1%ers who are really in control ....
cover.jpg

Still the magnum opus that really was the eye opener for me. As a result I watch the value of the dollar compared to other currencies, to see if there are indications that another currency is displacing the USD as reserve currency. So far no. When? Who knows and perhaps never...
280px-Global_Reserve_Currencies.png

I have not seen that video.. but I saw some pretty convincing stuff showing the correlation between countries that are attempting to *stop* using the petro dollar and start using gold - and the countries the USA is constantly pestering and threatening.

When the world gets tired of being forced to use the dollar our collective shit will hit the fan.

-methods

So how does predicting a financial collapse change Method's plan. He is living month to month like the rest of us. Finding a local job at a coffee shop is better than being unemployed if you ask me. Running a small business is painful as well. I have enjoyed working for people despite the restrictions. When I am deflated and broke taking a low level consistent paying job picks me up and recharges my drive to do better.

I have actually thought more about it and decided that I can take a full time job - even one which involves commuting. That being the case - I have the entire valley to choose from and there is no doubt that I can land a job that pays something between $60k - $120k pretty easy.

Willing to work full time
Willing to travel
Willing to commute
Meal tickets in hand
10 years experience

Now all I have to do is connect

It is going to happen... I have decided to do it so it will happen. The biggest hurtle is always deciding what I want to do.

-methods

Back