• Howdy! we're looking for donations to finish custom knowledgebase software for this forum. Please see our Funding drive thread

Help with EV Global 24V ebike controller with bad uP

gmouchawar

100 W
Hi,

I am fairly new to Ebikes. I managed to restore an EVG 24V ebike bought locally. I used it for 3 weeks total.
Last weekend, i didn't get any diagnostic beeps when I plugged the battery. It turned out that the controller
is bad. Being an EE I couldn't leave it be. I dived into the various board expecting to find bad power devices.
They were fine. The processor that does the PWM has got a high current drain and blow it fuse.
It is probably the only part that you can't buy. It is SAMSUNG S3P9404 with OTP 4k ROM.
My only hope is that someone here would have a controller with bad FETS and a good processor.

Given that it's undoubtedly running unique software, you'll only be able to get a replacement from another EV Global controller. Either that or find a suitable replacement PIC and program it yourself.

Probably better just to find another controller, in any case. 24V controllers are cheap, but you might want to consider upgrading while you're at it. 8)

24v should yield ~20km/h on one of these, at 36v it should go ~32km/h and climb hills much better. Using 12ah bricks you can expect to go 32km at this speed, much further if you pedal.

There are places to buy the stock 24v controller, Omaha, and Florida if I remember. they sometimes post on ebay. do an ebay history search.

Two other optiions, 1) since it is a brushed controller, it would not be hard to upgrade. Then go 36v as long as you are at it.

or, 2) I think i have a spare 24v stock EVGlobal controler in the garage. If you decide you cant find something else, send me a PM and we wil see what can be done. I used to do evglobal service some years ago.

dick in colorado

Hi says a new member from S. Ontario. Interest is 24V drives, easy to get used parts( golf carts, lawnmovers and scooters), Here one needs 32K/H cutoff for no insurance status. A member posts a 36V controller has distance atvantage. Can you input further on recommended components. Web access is library, once a day. Robert.

Back