here is some info on 20v yardworks lithium ion

i agree about the speed if you haven't had a crash at speed people
don't fathom the damage that can be caused
but i never said the bats i returned were not defective...
further my ct(small town) knows what i use the bats for
and could't care less 5 of their staff have even test rode
bike in the last 18 months
i do not wish to argue as i respect all you do here on es

hi all
I had a charger failure also, It was the one of my chargers with the two chips, I think the same as all your's NutsandVolts
Not one of my seven YW packs (one spare) is original as they have all failed within the year, luckily I purchased mine online, which comes with otc replacement or cash back so i don't get hit with the after ninety day's store credit only bull.
The battery's are do not return to manufacturer if returned, so they obviously aren't doing any research into failure.

I think I am having a high rate of failure because I am running a 35 amp IS controller.

Noticed your new battery diagram Nuts and Volts
are you just using the one dual diode at the parallel and nothing at the serial connections :?:
Yardworks3S2P.jpg

My chargers also whine I think its just the break down of insulation on the coil giving the high frequency sound.

NV Did you make any progress repairing/modding your dead charger ?
My dead charger was just the large on board diode at the output dead, probably caused by me forgetting to throwing the serial switch sending 60v back to charger.
I recently got the YW chainsaw (works good) and on heavy work the batt lasted about 20 mins so I think that means the batts are good for at least 3C continuous.

well with cold weather here i have lost 30% of my speed...
running 2 yw bats in warm weather i get 32-34 kmh
in the cold 23-24 kmh and these bats only have 30-40 cycles
this is on my 9C in a 26" wheel
i wonder if those 9v thermal heated socks would help keep them warm?

Did you check your tires for low pressure ?
Also check if your wheels are spinning free. ( brake pads rubbing )

I'm asking because I did not notice any speed loss.

Me and others noticed last winter that we lost YW batt capacity when it got colder.

Is anyone using anything other than YW chargers to charge ?
Looking for a 3 packs in series charger, any suggestions ?

29a said:
Me and others noticed last winter that we lost YW batt capacity when it got colder.

Is anyone using anything other than YW chargers to charge ?

My son rides to school everyday and he mentioned that the batteries don't last as long
on a cold day. I said it was probably just the batteries wearing out, but he insisted that
it was just on the cold days - so there you go.

I've had extremely good results sticking with the CT chargers. They have a separate
charge pin on them and are designed for the YW batteries. Also, I'm sure that the
stock BMS on the YW batteries does its job well enough if you don't mess with it.

I've run with 3 batteries in series with a controller with the LVC set to 30V. This has
not killed any batteries yet.

I have noticed that some batteries are more sensitive than others to powering on
in different configurations. Sometimes, they will wink out when I hook 3 up in series.

I'm pretty sure this is the BMS trying to protect them. Unplugging and plugging a
few times has always got it to come online for me. If this was a bad problem with
a particular battery, I'd just take it back anf get another one.

Well I digress....

29a said:

Ecrazyman/keywin has a 60v charger on his ebay site:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Battery-Charger...emQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item3ca586b353

If it works okay, let me know...

If you read what n&v left behind, you will see, he edited each post by deleting everything, on the same day.

Back