Hoping for a Cop Car when SOMEONE ELSE is driving crazy?

friendly1uk said:
She started it, and dragged it out so they could video it.
rborger73 said:
However... she could of avoided the situation by moving to the right and allowing the passing lane to open up so he could get around
What the hell is wrong with you 2 cretins, if someone did this to you, you'd more than likely freak out. gimme a break FFS..

thewmatusmoloki said:
friendly1uk said:
rborger73 said:
However... she could of avoided the situation by moving to the right and allowing the passing lane to open up so he could get around
What the hell is wrong with you 2 cretins, if someone did this to you, you'd more than likely freak out. gimme a break FFS..

Fully agree. Victim blaming isn't one of our nicest sociological phenomena.

It's the exact same mentality behind blaming the victims of rape with idiot statements like 'she was asking for it.'

thewmatusmoloki said:
I've got no problem with anyone overtaking at any speed, in the other lane, but I do seem to have a problem with people sitting 1 meter from my rear at 110kph

Fortunately, I drive a tow truck (professionally) , so I'm totally available to help them when they crash. :)

Was driving the 4cyl toyota on the motorway recently and had some fuckwit sitting right up the back of me , thought briefly about applying some brake, but that's just not me, and what if this dickhead had no insurance !!

So I sped up to 160kph in the left hand lane, which is the slow one here, hoping he would just go away.
But no , this bloke just wanted to tailgate me ,no matter what, plenty of right hand lane with no traffic.....

I don't even know this bloke, but he seems to think he has the right to endanger my life......

Seems to happen too much these days

I've had this happen, too. You're the only cars in sight and you can slow down or rocket ahead and they are like robots that seek the spot 10 feet behind your bumper. I think they are mindless drivers who are used to doing the same thing in heavy traffic and simply don't think. Its good sport to keep ratcheting down the cruise control to see how slow you have to go before they snap out of their trance. I've had to get into the 'faster' lane and jam my brakes on just to shake them off my tail.

thewmatusmoloki said:
friendly1uk said:
rborger73 said:

Yes, I'm quite sure we said it was her fault. Holding him up while she passed nothing, then once he could pass, showing him she had the power to move, and didn't mind breaking the limit, Just as long as it was to try and stop him passing.

I don't see how you misread that? We agree with you 100%.

UK law has changed Joseph. Years ago it was wrong to under-take because as british we understood taking turns. Since all the foreign nationals came driving standards have changed too meet their ideas of how to drive. Many won't que in turn, so our laws now make them get out the way. Respecting the under-taker and punishing the idiots that slow the country down. It is covered under 'inconsiderate driving' and yes judges do nail people for it.

The daft cow is showing us her speedo for one reason only. She is trying to hide behind policy. Policy she does not even respect because she later boots it when he gets a chance to pass. I can't imagine how long this had been going on when the recording starts, but I see nothing being passed at that time. I would love to count the lamp standards or white lines to prove she was speeding and nail her for her part in this.

If you still think she was passing something, then how did he get at her side. She was blocking his lane when it is quite obvious he wanted to pass. This is not moving with traffic flow, an offense in most states.

He is not innocent. He put his life and the lives of any oncoming traffic in real danger. Totaling his truck in the process. He should be banned for stupidity. She should be heavily penalised for her inconsiderate behaviour though. She started it and was breaking as many laws as he was. We don't want people like that on the roads. People that can't co-operate with others have no place in traffic at them speeds. It is highly irritating when such fools cause traffic jams that effect so many, yet can only think of themselves and show malice towards people that resist their control. She is where hitler should of started his work. It is people like her that stop society getting things done. She don't know where he is going. It could be to earn some money to feed his family. Money he would pay taxes on, taxes that feed the poor. He could of been racing to hospital to see his kid born or be beside someones death bed. Or rushing to get a 10 before it's all gone. We don't know, but it's no reason to be blocking his route pointing at the speedo like your a policy officer.

I can't believe how much this grates, yet some of you are blind to it. She is public enemy number one.

gogo said:
thewmatusmoloki said:
I've got no problem with anyone overtaking at any speed, in the other lane, but I do seem to have a problem with people sitting 1 meter from my rear at 110kph

Fortunately, I drive a tow truck (professionally) , so I'm totally available to help them when they crash. :)

Was driving the 4cyl toyota on the motorway recently and had some fuckwit sitting right up the back of me , thought briefly about applying some brake, but that's just not me, and what if this dickhead had no insurance !!

So I sped up to 160kph in the left hand lane, which is the slow one here, hoping he would just go away.
But no , this bloke just wanted to tailgate me ,no matter what, plenty of right hand lane with no traffic.....

I don't even know this bloke, but he seems to think he has the right to endanger my life......

Seems to happen too much these days

I've had this happen, too. You're the only cars in sight and you can slow down or rocket ahead and they are like robots that seek the spot 10 feet behind your bumper. I think they are mindless drivers who are used to doing the same thing in heavy traffic and simply don't think. Its good sport to keep ratcheting down the cruise control to see how slow you have to go before they snap out of their trance. I've had to get into the 'faster' lane and jam my brakes on just to shake them off my tail.

Many new cars tailgate automatically, but you have to be at close quarters or someone will jump in the gap and cause heavy braking to re-establish the programmed gap. Drivers of such cars may think erratic speeding shows the car in front knows the camera's well. I know a lorry driver who gets so close I could walk down the hood of his car and climb onto the lorry in front. I actually thought it might of been safer for me to do so. He claims the lorry in front can't stop as quick as his car (with no idea what reaction time is it seems) and sticks there hiding from the lorries mirrors to save fuel. Something I expect lorries of the future might actually do once they can talk to eachother, but right now scares the ... out of me

A 'brake check' is nothing but dangerous and aggravates people. Leading too threads like this. Either let them pass or slow down till they have too. In a steady controlled manner that keeps the road as safe as possible for other users.

friendly1uk said:
thewmatusmoloki said:
friendly1uk said:
rborger73 said:

Yes, I'm quite sure we said it was her fault. Holding him up while she passed nothing, then once he could pass, showing him she had the power to move, and didn't mind breaking the limit, Just as long as it was to try and stop him passing.

I don't see how you misread that? We agree with you 100%.

UK law has changed Joseph. Years ago it was wrong to under-take because as british we understood taking turns. Since all the foreign nationals came driving standards have changed too meet their ideas of how to drive. Many won't que in turn, so our laws now make them get out the way. Respecting the under-taker and punishing the idiots that slow the country down. It is covered under 'inconsiderate driving' and yes judges do nail people for it.

The daft cow is showing us her speedo for one reason only. She is trying to hide behind policy. Policy she does not even respect because she later boots it when he gets a chance to pass. I can't imagine how long this had been going on when the recording starts, but I see nothing being passed at that time. I would love to count the lamp standards or white lines to prove she was speeding and nail her for her part in this.

If you still think she was passing something, then how did he get at her side. She was blocking his lane when it is quite obvious he wanted to pass. This is not moving with traffic flow, an offense in most states.

He is not innocent. He put his life and the lives of any oncoming traffic in real danger. Totaling his truck in the process. He should be banned for stupidity. She should be heavily penalised for her inconsiderate behaviour though. She started it and was breaking as many laws as he was. We don't want people like that on the roads. People that can't co-operate with others have no place in traffic at them speeds. It is highly irritating when such fools cause traffic jams that effect so many, yet can only think of themselves and show malice towards people that resist their control. She is where hitler should of started his work. It is people like her that stop society getting things done. She don't know where he is going. It could be to earn some money to feed his family. Money he would pay taxes on, taxes that feed the poor. He could of been racing to hospital to see his kid born or be beside someones death bed. Or rushing to get a 10 before it's all gone. We don't know, but it's no reason to be blocking his route pointing at the speedo like your a policy officer.

I can't believe how much this grates, yet some of you are blind to it. She is public enemy number one.
There are full length videos out there that absolve her completely. Its entirely possible that yielding to the right would have inconvenienced her unduly. She sped up at the point where the speed limit increased. In the longer video she used the left turn lane very shortly after he crashed, so its entirely possible that she needed to be exactly where she was in order not to be trapped out of the left turning lane.

I see behavior like the truck driver's frequently. They behave as though its a competition where they get points for position when everybody stops at the next traffic light. She probably knows the road traffic patterns and knows there's nothing to gain from driving hastily. I'll bet a dollar if you look at the google street view you'll find that the lanes appear and disappear in a way that reveals she was simply driving in a manner that was predictable and expected, and that dude was just a royal ass and the actual public enemy #1.

friendly1uk said:
A 'brake check' is nothing but dangerous and aggravates people.
Please re-read, I got into the OTHER lane when no one besides the tailgater was in sight before I jammed my brakes on.

As the video is set to private, it is hard to form an opinion. People driving slow in the passing lane are annoying. Tailgating at speed is reckless and life threatening. Mangled cars and deaths are devastating. Along with SMSM (Signal, Mirror, Shoulder, Move), our driver instructor taught us ICKY (Impatience Can Killy You).
If you are in such a hurry to get somewhere you have to tailgate and bully people with your vehicle, perhaps you should have left earlier.
I wonder if the bully tailgater would have done that if he had been driving a smaller vehicle without the intimidation factor of a big truck?

Dauntless said:
What else do you hope for? Guilty pleasure to laugh, but it doesn't look like he'd have had trouble racing around her earlier. . . .

[youtube]3XqZoaWKv2k[/youtube]

The link to the video doesn't work anymore.

video:
http://www.wtsp.com/story/news/local/tampa/2014/03/27/viral-video-driver-road-rage/6989207/

Yep, she was in the left lane to get into the left-turn lane to take a left at the next intersection:
Google ' 10021-10051 US Highway 41 S Gibsonton, FL ' for a street view.

The right lane has to slow down in the lane for right turns. The left lane is effectively the through-lane because they use left-turn lanes next to it. There is no 'passing lane'. Haste will get you nowhere quickly on roads like that. Note the road markings and sign where he spun out and into the oncoming lanes: SCHOOL ZONE.

Also note the bike lane on the right and the asswipe's monster mirrors. I'll give him credit for having them in the retracted position, but I'll never trust the drivers of those vehicles to be paying attention, or even caring whether they take out a bicyclist's head.

Back