How Authoritarians Leaders Get Away with It

nicobie said:
OK you've both made your point so let's slow this down. We don't want this escalating into another flame war.
Dauntless, do not add gasoline. 💀💀💀

If Voltron made a point he made an invalid one unless his point was to prove himself wrong. Like I said before he only quoted himself. Quoting my perfectly valid words from months ago that don't contain anything close to what he put in quotes and then attributed to me. He lied and is digging a hole to hide in rather than admit his mistake.. I discovered the original lie only because I didn't remember anyone here say violence was justified, so I did a search to find out who said what he quoted only to find out he quoted that exact wording before, and that was a quote of his own exact words posted in January.

"Another flame war", please do show me one from before, so I know what you're talking about. FWI it's not common practice to say someone made a point when they made a completely invalid one. He accused me of saying violence was justified and then he doubled down with the last post, which makes it an outright lie, so there's nothing for me to "slow down".

Now back to topic, here's the kind of stuff the queen of the authoritarians gets away with.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xNDHiiJaxes&list=TLPQMTUwNDIwMjFjfVV4b7KxHQ&index=7

Edit---Actually, my point was, when someone writes about how "they" are going to riot and burn, there's a whole lot of different "they"s out there that like their burning and rioting.

What was your point when your wrote about how "they" were going to riot and burn, regardless of the decision on the Chauvin case?

Was that about authoritarian leaders coming to power, and on topic with how the thread started, or supported by logical arguments?
What they did you mean specifically.. authoritarian leaders? 🤣

So it was perfectly valid for you to support some riotors and their violence a few month ago , but not now. Got it👍

I wonder what the main visual difference is between the other rioters? 🤔

You know, "them".

Voltron said:
So it was perfectly valid for you to support some riotors and their violence a few month ago , but not now. Got it👍

I wonder what the main visual difference is between the rioters? 🤔

Um, did you just echo me last January? The only thing you left out was when I talked about the months and months of more and more violent riots supported but one day that was not so violent.

Well, we can count such visual differences as Antifa being far more violent, we can count how they are always concealing their identities while the one day riot you're seeing their faces, we can count that Antifa is increasingly bringing weapons, riot shields, etc., largely missing from the one day. All in all Antifa dresses for success by being more and more menacing, while the one day was dressed to be comic.

So the main visual difference is Antifa is visibly intending to threaten people and the one day didn't. And if some goofball wants to call THAT visually proper discussion "Pouring gasoline" I'll hit the button and get him a TOS.

See, you're back in the circle of trying to blame me for supporting rioting, when I haven't within anything like that, but ignoring those that have, even when it's directly quoted.
And what's antifa got to do with the Derek Chauvins trial, which is how this got brought up?

Is that Antifa is that video that you linked Dauntless?
(The one about the officer killing another unarmed black motorist because she couldn't tell her Taser from her real gun, and who just got arrested for manslaughter, not the one about rioting in Australia. I didn't see any Antifa either either of them actually?)

But I still it's fair to point out, without justifying anyone's acts, that some are rioting because they're tired of being killed by cops, sometimes while innocently standing in their own home, and others riot because they fear losing their tight grip on power they have historically had, or because they lost a hockey game.

And off topic sorry, but let's see... Mostly hiding their identities, weapons, marching around menacingly, but occasionally comedically... You just described most Proud Boy and Boogaloo rallies! 🤣🤣
5ff199359ff41f001883facb.jpegdownload (1).jpeg

And back on topic, the way most authoritarian leaders come to power is when some disaffected group that lost power thru open democratic means, sees some charismatic figure as their new route back to control and power, and submerge their self identities into his, to be his soldiers, enablers, and apologists... And then eventually his revisionist historians after their movement fails, as they always do in the end.

Voltron,

You are just fabricating that I supported any rioting and violence by anyone ever. It's all in your mind. Just because you support some rioters who do violence does not mean someone with contrary political view supports other groups who commit similar acts.

Regarding your final statement, your knowledge of history is sorely lacking, and as far as current events go, it's the authoritarians who are in power now in the US.

Back