• Howdy! we're looking for donations to finish custom knowledgebase software for this forum. Please see our Funding drive thread

How much could I sell it for?

I recently built a BBS02 750W with a 52V 17.5Ah Panasonic GA on a hardtail. Spent about $1700 including the bike. I guess I rushed through my decision making did not fully think through about personal life before building this. So, how much should I expect if I plan to sell this? Any thoughts? I put 120 miles on it already.

Attachments

• ebike2.jpeg
    ebike2.jpeg
    370.7 KB · Views: 1,450
  • my_ebike.jpeg
    my_ebike.jpeg
    382.4 KB · Views: 1,450
Nice looking bike but 1500 bucks buys a new high quality prebuilt ebike with all the bells and whistles. Good quality ebike kits are almost the same price as prebuilt ebikes. 800 bucks sounds right.

https://www.radpowerbikes.com/pages/radcity

$800

It looks like a great bike.

An informed buyer is going to see these key points:
- No warranty support.
- Amateur built.
- Wire ties and lose, sagging cables.
- No knowledge of how it was treated.
- It is used, not new.
- A professionally built, warrantied bike can be purchased for less than your build cost.
- Used battery is essentially worthless.

But they will also see these points in it's favor:
- It appears to be a Lunacycle kit.
- It's shiny and blue.

Things that will help it sell:
- Fix the cables so they look like they came that way from the factory. No sags, no visible cable tie ends. cable tie use should be artistic, and not detract from the look of the bike.
- Clean it and wax it, then display it in an aesthetically pleasing location for your sales pics.

Yeah,, even if it was a factory bike, half what it cost new is all jerks like me who buy used stuff will pay.

Try for $1200 though,,, but take 9.

The other option that might work is parting it out. Sell the kit and battery on our for sale used section.

There are a lot of people out there that don't know how to build. I showed this guy the cost of materials and time I spent building this. Then I showed most online models including radpower. Considering the size of the battery, mid-drive, and a 2 week old build, he concluded that it would be expensive to purchase online (pay tax+shipping+ still needs SOME assembly), he was willing to pay. Not bad after all. Worked out well for both parties. I did offer to troubleshoot and work with warranty issues for him though. Least I could do.

izeman said:
jamesbond007 said:
Thanks for the input everyone. I sold it for $1900 yesterday.
congrats! :)

Ya double what I had thought. Congrats

Goes to show you anything is worth what someone is willing to pay for it.

Back