Hunting/mountain E-Bikes

I'm still having a hard time figuring out if the 510 motor is 750 or 1000 watts? Or are there two versions? Or just a programming thing? Any help

woodey707 said:
I'm still having a hard time figuring out if the 510 motor is 750 or 1000 watts? Or are there two versions? Or just a programming thing? Any help

Most likely just the same motor. Internet sellers love to play with numbers so they can sell to Canada with its 750W bs law and say another country with 500W bs law. Lots of people are afraid for some unknown reason, and the sellers cater to their fear. I've seen large motors advertised as 250W to cater to the UK fears.

Yes can't really say what max "wattage" a motor can use, without knowing the battery voltage, the controller used, and all the variables as cited in the simulator like weight, slopes speeds etc.

Amps is a bit more straightforward since it relates more directly to torque and heat shedding ability, going to a higher voltage will allow for more watts power since amps can stay the same or lower.

I've seen reports of the G510 getting up to 2000W but likely that's just a short burst peak?

Ron / spinningmagnet's review states

"1600W of power in the factory-authorised high-powered versions. It is reported to provide 160-Nm of torque, and it also provides that power up to 28-MPH"

https://www.electricbike.com/bafang-ultra-max

fechter said:
It limits at 30 amps. Multiply by battery voltage to get the input power.
48v 21ah x 30 =1440 watt's?
This one is claiming 2 sizes of motor https://www.bakcou.com/product-page/storm

Storm Specs
Motor: Bafang Ultra M620 750w/1000w mid-drive Motor w/integrated Torque Sensor
Battery: Extended Distance 48v 17.4ah or 21ah lithium-ion
Range: 40+ Miles (See “eBike Range Explained” under “Resources” on our website)

On the bike I'm wanting to buy has 2 different descriptions
https://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/48V-21Ah-Samsung-Battery-BAFANG-Ultra_62440634919.html?spm=a2700.12243863.0.0.38403e5ffZFwRL

Frame: Aluminum alloy 6061
Battery: 48V 21Ah Lithium battery (samsung brand)
Motor: 48V 750W BAFANG Ultra G510 750w Mid Drive
Displayer: Bafang LCD
Suspension System Front RST Renegade Air forks, rear DNM Air shock
Brake: Tektro E725 Hydraulic Disc Brake
Tires: 26" x 4.0 tires Maxxis brand
Gears: Shimano 8-speed-gears

https://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/48V-21Ah-Samsung-Battery-Electric-Mountain_62341044285.html?spm=a2700.12243863.0.0.38403e5ffZFwRL

Brake: Tektro E725 hydraulic disk brake
Battery: 48V 21Ah Samsung brand lithium battery
Motor: 48V 750W 1000W Bafang Ultra Mid Drive Motor
Displayer: BAFANG LCD
Front fork: RST Renegade Air forks
Rear shock DNM Air shock
Tires: 26" x 4.0 Kenda tires
Gears: Shimano 8-speed-gears

Volts x Amps = Watts
You have a 48V controller spitting out 20A = 960W of power. You will use any part of that depending on where your throttle is.

Volts x Ah = Wh and you use up a certain Wh per distance traveled

Lets say you have a battery, its 48V but discharges 10A. Using the 48V 20A controller, you will nuke the battery if it doesnt have a BMS on it. So 48V 30Ah 10A battery is just under 1500Wh and 480W.

G510 fat tire .....We go out to the woods almost every weekend to search for sign and check cameras. Our usual round trip is six to ten miles which is easy to do. This is in grass,sand,leaves and mud, in these conditions you can get about twenty miles out of the battery (48v 16ah ) with tire pressure at 6 to 10 lbs. Now with tires at 18 to 20 lbs and on the road I’ve gone 41 miles on a charge. 95% of the time I’m peddling too. I also run it in power setting one in eco mode so the battery will last as long as possible and to me that’s plenty of power. Now you can bump the power up to five in eco mode or better yet to five in sport mode and it will amaze you, I tried to pull a wheely in sport five and I ended up running behind the bike hanging on to the handle bars! The bike just shot out from under me! To me that’s plenty of power! The thing about using that power is that it drains the battery fast, range will be-very limited. I can’t see why you would need anymore power than what this has. I’m 62 yo, now if I was 25-30 years old I might want more but, you pay with battery drainage.
I think I’ve learned that the drivetrain will take a beating in mud,sand and water ( mostly all three at once). I’ve got 375 miles on mine and I need to replace the chain already.
If I can figure out how to post pictures I can show bike and trailer with a deer on it among others.

Back