I need to replace the BMS on my bike but I don't know what the wires are for. What are B-, B+, P-, P+, and C- for?

tiniestkid

1 µW
The BMS on my battery seems to have malfunctioned. The cells still seem to be good as I get voltage when connecting positive to ground(?) but not positive to negative. I tried looking up some 36V 10s BMS units (which is it seems to be based off of the wires on the balance lead) but I couldn't find any with the same letters on it. This was the closest I could find (https://www.ebay.com/itm/Max-40A-B...S-PCB-4-36V-10S-Packs-Li-ion-Sa/323727475135) although I'm not sure if the connections are the same since they don't seem to be labelled.

The wires on my BMS are labelled B-, B+, P-, P+, and C-. The connectors for P-and C- are really close to each other so I'm not sure which one the wire that's there is connected to. Below are some photos of the BMS showing the 4 soldered wires and the connectors. The battery is from a Genze e102 but the company is defunct now so purchasing a new unit seems impossible unfortunately. Any help switching out the BMS would be really appreciated. Thanks!

t6vUmWU.jpg

Vi8bKxY.jpg

WKzM9GI.jpg

on the bms that ive used.
P+ doesnt exist on BMS, it goes controller+ to battery+, directly
P- goes to controller negative
C- goes to charger negative
B- goes to battery negative

does your battery have an on/off switch

with a dmm if you go P+ to B- on the BMS you get 0v right now?

Some BMS are designed to just control the charge, and one power wire just goes straight to the controller. Others are designed to limit and monitor with the battery is in use, which looks like yours is, that's why it has battery positive and negative spots.

Back