I stole my bike back today!!!

Gestault on OP recovery: Good on you man; I would have done the same! I think the way you went about resolving the problem was the safest for both of you (without knowing your defensive abilities). Part of me though is intensely curious to discover who was the perpetrator. The question I have is “what will you do now with the bike?”

On my road trip this last summer there was at least two cases where I knew my bike was being scoped out – both in Fort Bragg: Coming into town & making a fast pitstop then finding an Orange person looking for something to steal, and the next day at Denny’s when this wacko told me my lock was cheap & anyone could cut it. Later, I noticed that someone had tried to cut my cable-chain lock, but they only managed to get through the plastic sheath. :p

~KF

Alright, it's good to hear! Yeh for the good guys! Screw the lowlife thieves!

i had my bike stolen and recovered as well. i was visiting my grandfather and someone walked up under his garage while we were ten feet away and made off with it in broad daylight.

two weeks after it disappeared, I was driving through downtown and saw it parked in front of the Unemployment office. I drove back around the block and pulled into the Police station, which was right across the street! i ran in and told the lady at the desk about my stolen bike, she wanted me to fill out a bunch of crap and I had to beat it into her head that the bike was RIGHT ACROSS THE STREET and could someone just walk out and confront the guy!

she managed to pry a cop from his donut, but it took so long the thief was gone again with my bike. i filled out the info and left in despair.

i think they must have had pity on me or got lucky as hell, because 2 hours later i get a call and they have my bike! i go to the station and there it is, on the floor, torn up as hell. the cops said they saw a guy riding the bike and chased him down. he claimed it was his brother's cousin's sister's uncle's bike he borrowed and gee officer, i had no idea it was stolen. whatever.

years later, this bike was stolen again, as i stopped at my house to pee while out riding. i was in and out in under 2 minutes and didn't bother to lock it up. i came out and it was gone. what a pisser! :lol:

glad you got yours back!

gestalt said:
I'm going to take great pleasure in restoring the bike to just how it looked before it got stolen. that way if the jerk ever sees me riding it he'll know...he'll know that it was I, the rightful owner of that steed who had defeated him. the ramifications of that knowing will collide inside his mind with cosmic proportions, rending the very fabric of his universe in twain.

BUHAHAHAHAHAHA.....That's gold! You rock, Gestalt.

You got guts big G, that's a fact! I had a bike taken from my home by a so called friend. I watched him do it. I went to his place and chewed him out royally for taking it. Another time in Cali, my top shelf Pugeot alloy race bike got swiped when I went in to pee at home. Same story as above, I was out in less than two minutes, and never saw it again. Actually had to give up owning a van here due to multiple break ins. Wearing thick glasses makes it easy for some to kick you in the back.
Brian L.
Happy New Year all!

I have gotten myself into the habit to think the worst when it comes to leaving my bike anywhere.

I went to the Auto Show Thursday and took two locks with me. Anywhere I park my bike, I pick a spot out in the open and always lock it, even if it's at my house and in my backyard.

I had 2 ebikes stolen and it was hell getting a report filed. The 2nd time it took 4days of run around to get the report done. Yes beachcomer 1 bike stolen in Dana Point in front of ralphs getting a gratorate, the other at the sallows day parade (SJC) with a lock on it. Keep your bike locked and on hand. Now have a motorcycle lock and I'm looking for a gps locator something. I think you got bike the only way or it could be in impound awhiting a court date and then you would have to show paperwork. Up those cops 4 in 10 might be O.K. maybe. If you want to find a cop off duty at night go to a strip club he's drinking with a gun and the girls know him by name.

Back