inexpensive motorized bicycle work stand

atcspaul

10 W
i got this from walmart.com http://www.walmart.com/ip/Folding-Bike-Stand/13012494. less then $20.00 shipped to the virgin islands and will only be around $18.00 to have shipped to store for you all that have access to a walmart. i redid the stand a little. i drilled 2 small holes in each corner of the stand and ran old brake cables thru them then put cable stops on them. on the end i put a cable crimp so i don't worry about fraying. results are better then i imagined. i can put the bike on their and run it at full throttle or pedal and adjust the gears work on the brakes ect. i can do this with battery and all the accessories on the bike. weight is not a factor. it is amazingly stable. the first picture is stand before i put on the cables. i have it adjusted to hold the rear tire about 4" of the ground. the second picture is how i put the brake cables on it for good stability. i can adjust how high the bike is off the ground with the cable stops.
attachment.php

attachment.php

Yes, wheel size please? 'looks like 24"? Nice find though, I like rear wheel stands - used 'em for years on motorcycles.

Ah, I see the big Pie now which explains the straight spoke pattern. Cool find...

I too have that stand, but found it not usable in stock condition,kinda flimsy and light, so I thrown it aside. I have on my 4 ebikes, a WalMart double kickstand for about $20. It is very stable, the potential problem may be the kickstand hangs very low, to there is potential scrapping on low leaning turns.

http://www.walmart.com/search/search-ng.do?search_query=kickstand&ic=16_0&Find=Find&search_constraint=4171

i don't use it as a kickstand. i use it as a work stand to work on the bike. the cables made it very sturdy. as i said i can run the bike full throttle while the bike is on the stand

Nice find. I've been looking for something like this -- never thought to check Walmart.

living on an island access to stuff hard sometimes but the 12 months of summer makes up for a lot of things. i bought it because it was cheap and ended up a great purchase for working on my bike. the weight of an electric bike is a little to much without the modification i did. the cables make it strong and also i can still fold it up and put in closet out of the way.

Back