Is This A Good E-Bike Battery?

Callbrin

100 mW
I found this ebike battery as i wanted to use a 60v on my 48v 1500w hub motor but its pretty cheap so IDK if its a decent battery or just cheap chinese stuff

https://www.ebay.com/itm/60V-20Ah-Lithium-Li-ion-Rechargeable-Battery-with-Charger-BMS-for-1200W-EBike/283118372786

Not that this is much to go on, but I got a LiFePO4 battery from that seller, and it's OK so far. Like everything else, made in China behind a curtain of obscurity. Buy it and cross fingers.

Callbrin said:
its pretty cheap so IDK if its a decent battery or just cheap chinese stuff

The ad states "17pcs of 20000mAh Lithium Cells"

One major clue is they have everything you need to know about that battery, except what cells they use inside that battery, and its chemistry.

Stay clear!

It's cheap Chinese stuff. It could also be a decent battery. In the absence of customer feedback, you pays your money and you takes your chances.

You really want to buy a lithium battery pack from eBay ??? Often Cheaper in the short term is much more expensive in the long run.

Something is wrong with those numbers ( battery spec's ) the seller posts .

Where do you live ? what country , that will determine where to best buy your pack from, or even to go with lipo's since it looks like you have a DD hub and want to put many amps through it ?

Callbrin said:
I found this ebike battery as i wanted to use a 60v on my 48v 1500w hub motor but its pretty cheap so IDK if its a decent battery or just cheap chinese stuff

https://www.ebay.com/itm/60V-20Ah-Lithium-Li-ion-Rechargeable-Battery-with-Charger-BMS-for-1200W-EBike/283118372786

ScooterMan101 said:
Something is wrong with those numbers ( battery spec's ) the seller posts .

Could you elaborate? I don't doubt you, but you must have spotted some particular thing.

I might add, I hit the low voltage cut-off on that LiFePO4 battery I mentioned above, with the computer reporting about 80% of the advertised amp hours. Don't know if that's bad or fairly typical. That's with recharge and mostly fairly modest current draw.

I'm for supporting people who are making better quality batteries, so if we know about battery makers that work out in the open and have developed a good reputation, love to hear about it, but the batteries I hear about, the cells are all made anonymously in China. From there, if you expect a significant difference between online retailer A and B selling anonymous Chinese stuff, I think you're kidding yourself. By anonymous, I mean, you might be able to track down the factory and find out a little about it, but there's no guarantee that the same factory will make the cells in the next shipment. One of my two batteries is from Chicago Electric Bicycles, for what it's worth, nominally made in the US, but not the cells, right?

Voltron said:
17s 1p sounds pretty weak for ebike level amp draws.

It says they're 20Ah cells, so 1p makes sense. I have a 1p 20Ah battery that can do 200A+, but I don't think this is one of those.

17s though? That's weird.

Back