Just had an earthquake in Los Angeles

Didn’t even feel it here, but lots of people did so it made the news.

Didn’t even feel it here, but lots of people did so it made the news.
This one woke me up before I felt it. I heard it coming as a deep rumble before a brief and sudden jolt then a quick shake. It didn't last long so I went back to sleep.
:)
⚡

Surprised this even made the news

Surprised this even made the news
I didn't feel anything last night, but one of my record shelves was splayed all over my office floor this morning.......:unsure:

Well along with a tropical storm today, We just had a 5.0 earthquake in Ojai CA, which I felt here in Sandy Monica. I am surprised I felt it because it takes an hour to drive to Ojai form here.

There was a 7.5 earthquake in Japan last night. That's a big one. Authorities report the nuclear power plants in the area were OK this time.

I didn't feel this one at all.
A magnitude 4.1 earthquake off the Los Angeles County coast brought weak shaking throughout Southern California on Monday.....
The earthquake epicenter was about 10 miles southwest of San Pedro, 11 miles southeast of Rancho Palos Verdes, 16 miles southwest of downtown Long Beach, and 16 miles northwest of Avalon on Santa Catalina Island. The earthquake occurred at 8:27 a.m.
Earthquake: Magnitude 4.1 quake shakes near Rancho Palos Verdes, felt across L.A. area

Both have fault systems; so not unexpected.

NYC is also built on glacial deposits over bedrock and river deposits, so subsidence isn't unexpected either.

Last edited:
I didn't feel it either.

:D
⚡

Really really really really didn’t feel this one.

Last edited:
It didn't shake me much, some, but not much. However it did make some weird sounds. It kind of groaned. Never heard one that groaned like that. Normally earthquakes sound like a deep rumbling sound. I wasn't sure if it was an earthquake or some sort of construction noise. Then the local news jumped all over it because they had nothing better to report.

:)
⚡

Back