• Howdy! we're looking for donations to finish custom knowledgebase software for this forum. Please see our Funding drive thread

KT-LCD3 P5 Setting for 48V

Heatserve

1 mW
Hi

I reset my P5 setting to zero without making a note of its previous value.

Stupid I know.

I have a 48V battery and know that previously it showed battery sag on the display and gave a pretty good representation of the remaining charge.

I've read the manual, but, to be honest the explanation for the P5 setting doesn't make a lot of sense to me.

With P5 set to zero, the display shows a fully charged battery which doesn't change, so it's hard to believe that after a 70km ride I should still be showing full.

Has anyone got a recommendation that I could try for this setting?

Thanks

Sent from my ASUS_Z00AD using Tapatalk

Tried setting P5 to 40 and now I'm getting just 3 bars on the display with 54.6v.

Tried 35 and 30 with same result.

Very odd.

Sent from my ASUS_Z00AD using Tapatalk

P5 is a damping factor for the battery display. When set to zero, the display will go up and down with sag. If you set a higher number, it dampens down the changes so that it behaves more like a fuel guage.

The display is dual voltage 36v/48v. It has no way of knowing what battery you have. A fully-charged 36v one can have a higher voltage than a depleted 48v one. It can only make a best guess. If your 48v one was low, it would guess that it's a 36v one, which would then show as fully-charged all the time. Also, they seem to have some memory. It sometimes takes a couple of minutes for it to wake uup and display the battery voltage correctly, especially after charging.

To solve your problem, try this: Set P5 to around 15. Remove your battery. Fully charge it and then reconnect it. Wait until you've ridden a few hundred meters before judging whether the display is working properly.

Back