Law change for motorised bikes in Australia (NSW)

The bicycles caused none of the harms, that's why they get banned. Governments only support and protect whatever causes the most harms, unhealthy diet, military, police, cars, money etc.

15mph speed limit on ebike did 37mph on my road bike (bit down hill but not the point)its like the government want the oil company's to make sense t us and go green?

They just want $. It's as simple as that, so if it has a motor, they think you should pay a fee. Push back in the form of making it a simple process to pay some nominal fee for a moped type status, and with that have the power limit gone and be subject to only a speed limit that is obviously higher than the current silly low limits that apply for same-as-a-bicycle treatment in Australia.

Kent said:
These self-proclaimed "democracy's" are sounding more and more like police states.
Actually, I think the media are to blame mostly.
They scour local accident and police reports for interesting TV News " special Reports" or different stories to put on the prime time news .
They make minor isolated incidents into major National news stories (how many bike accidents go unreported each day ?) ..
...just to try to gain numbers in a viewer poll.
Then they pressure politicians into a response ...which is what we have here !
..a political statement for public atonement , rather than a sensible law reform. :roll:

Kent said:
These self-proclaimed "democracy's" are sounding more and more like police states.

I'm not sure if that was directed this way, but rest assured we're very much a democracy over here, and in fact the only true open democracy in the middle east.

Hillhater said:
Kent said:
Actually, I think the media are to blame mostly.
They scour local accident and police reports for interesting TV News " special Reports" or different stories to put on the prime time news .
They make minor isolated incidents into major National news stories (how many bike accidents go unreported each day ?) ..
...just to try to gain numbers in a viewer poll.
Then they pressure politicians into a response ...which is what we have here !
..a political statement for public atonement , rather than a sensible law reform. :roll:
You got my vote

2 stroke motorised bikes have been mentioned in the media in WA too.
The commissioner of police said they will not be tolerated.
Loud and smokey they bring unwanted attention. They are really cheap too less than $200 delivered so easily within reach of kids. They tend to be poorly fitted to cheap bikes where things like brakes are a secondary consideration.
I have seen a few and even had a go on one a few weeks ago. The bloody thing was a death trap.

I am not in favour of banning anything but those bloody things won't be missed.
If kids were roaring up and down your street on one with the muffler removed I guess everyone would get annoyed and eventually someone is going to call the cops.

E bikes on the other hand barely get noticed unless passing a fellow un aided cyclist. :lol:

Modbikemax said:
I have seen a few and even had a go on one a few weeks ago. The bloody thing was a death trap.

Don't they have a clutch to disengage drive? can you imagine a kid with little bike experience hitting the brakes while trying to disengage, but the biggest killer would be lack of awareness of other traffic

dingoEsride said:
Modbikemax said:

Don't they have a clutch to disengage drive? can you imagine a kid with little bike experience hitting the brakes while trying to disengage, but the biggest killer would be lack of awareness of other traffic

They do have a clutch, but they're still scary. I helped a friend install one in college. We'd ride around together and I'd have to carry a gas can on my ebike for him. How embarrassing... :oops:

Back