LiFePO4 or Lead Acid for 15 Person Golf Cart for Burning Man

Braddudya

100 W
I bought 6 15 person golf carts that we are going to refurb and possibly rent out to events. Some of these carts will also be turned into mutant vehicle art cars for burning man.

These vehicles already have all of the parts to function as lead acid. For burning man you can't drive over 5mph so there is no performance aspect to this other than range and charging speed. I dont anticipate exceeding the rated weight capacity for these carts even as art cars.

On the topic of power I would like to just hear:
What would you do and why?
Where is a good source for the conversion parts?

We will probably end up doing both as the lead acid batteries are a great way to easily test each cart before investing time and money into it.

I've also attached a render of one of the possible art car designs just for fun.
IMG-20230222-WA0006(1).jpg

On Ebikes light weight and high speed are important. But I'm not sure it would be worth the money for that application. Especially for a few parties a year.
One source I've found for used lead acid batteries is the marine industry. Yacht owner replace their batteries on a timetable to avoid problems at sea. So if cost is an issue I would look there. This may depend on where you live. Local supply is good for me.
You can look around here. HIgh tech stuff. Price tag to match. But golfers may not be a too price conscious market. Cost factor can be10X.

How many hours a day and miles per day ?
If using after burning man lifepo4 and look at batteryhookup for batterieways. Caution look what they are read about them understand what batteries are what and what are the demands of your controller and at what voltage ?
Again what voltage and amp demands of controller

I can't offer any build advice only cheerleading. Interested to see the end result based off that crazy rendering.
Here is an updated render Nudibranch Art Car Technical.jpg

Again what voltage and amp demands of controller
The vin plate specifies the motor power as 9kw. The original battery bank is 72v 209ah lead acid each battery being 6v I believe.

As for range I am hoping for as much as I can get! I would expect to drive about 30 miles a day atleast.

I will probably be ordering 24 of these in the next couple of days unless someone talks me out of it haha Ganfeng 280Ah (GFB) Grade B Cells - 3.2V LiFePO4 Battery

Back