Lipo slightly puffy

I'm glad I'm getting replies that basically say not to be too concerned. There are so many horror stories of lipos catching fire, exploding, etc., that when I see mine begin to puff slightly, I think the worst.

Not that I'm afraid of burning my house down--as I mentioned before, I keep them stored in an ammo can in my fireplace--I just spent a lot of money on them, and I don't want them to be shot after only several charges.

I'll keep charging and using them as I usually do, and keep my eye out for alternative sources of power (and funds) for the future.

Be wary but have fun.
An ammo can in the fire place is surely safe enough.

As you know most fires happen during charge or cell reversal (super heavy discharge).
Spontaneous fire can happen but it does not really want to. . .

Remember the point -
To have a good life experience and get others stoked on Lipo

A pack that takes you on 50 good rides is worth much more than a pack that takes you on 300 worried rides.

So don't worry and Enjoy

-methods

SpaceKaseJase said:
I'm glad I'm getting replies that basically say not to be too concerned. There are so many horror stories of lipos catching fire, exploding, etc., that when I see mine begin to puff slightly, I think the worst.

Not that I'm afraid of burning my house down--as I mentioned before, I keep them stored in an ammo can in my fireplace--I just spent a lot of money on them, and I don't want them to be shot after only several charges.

I'll keep charging and using them as I usually do, and keep my eye out for alternative sources of power (and funds) for the future.

The MultiStar w/ it's low C-rate are low volatility. I suppose an idiot could get them to catch on fire, but it would take some doing.
I've never used anything better for my low-powered bikes than the MultiStar big bricks. I'm glad I stocked up before they became unavailable.

So after replacing the male and female jst plugs on the lipo and paraboard, it cooked again. Even the traces were fried. I double-checked that I plugged the lipo in correctly. My only deduction is that both times the plug frying was not due to user error, but due to cheap, crappy Chinese paraboard--which leads me to wonder why those fuses are even there if they don't prevent arcing :confused:.
See the traces in the pic:
https://flic.kr/p/2hNfdge

Any recommendations for a decent 6s paraboard is appreciated. Btw, those plugs are XT90.

Ignore the "recommendations" request. I purchased a paraboard from Progressive RC. It has XT60 connectors, but I'll just have to create an XT90 adapter for them.

So I recently got two notifications that people are still replying to this thread. Unfortunately, I am unable to see those replies for some reason. Please forgive me if I have not responded to you for this reason.

Back