List E-bike anti-theft alarms and GPS trackers

CroArcher said:
http://www.integratedtrackers.com/GPSTrack/

Do you own one of these? Their "Tracking Portal" is one of the most insecure pieces of software I've seen in a while.

http://www.integratedtrackers.com/GPSTrack/portal/tracking

If their IMEI has a simple enough format, one could bruteforce their entire database in a matter of seconds, and have the locations of lots of bikes/motorcycles/valuables. Just another thing to consider when choosing a solution.

This is my first post on the forum and thought this may be a chance to give something back to the community I've learned so much from over the last 6 months or so.

After 6 weeks of testing we just purchased 12 more of these units (TK108) to be installed on all of our bikes. The device does everything it promised and the worst co-ordinates/link to Google Maps that its returned so far after dozens of requests for location was only 20 meters off point.

That's close enough to have the boys kick someones door down to find whatever property to which it's attached. :evil:

You can set up SMS alerts for GeoFence breaches, motion detection, interval tracking, route history, regular tracking and comes with an SOS button that will send a "HELP" SMS to all authorized phone numbers in an emergency, and much more......

The device comes with a powerful magnet clip and is best hidden inside the bike frame if possible but in doing so makes pressing the SOS button in an emergency such as a high-jacking, practically impossible.

The solution (which we will attempt soon) is to hard-wire the SOS button into a bar mounted switch. Label the switch with "PRESS HERE TO START" . Then, with a bit of luck, any thief may just press this button when stealing the bike and give an additional location signal (should the other systems fail), and inadvertently assist in their own capture. :lol:

It allows signals to only be sent to authorized numbers. During set-up the IMIE number of the unit is combined with the phone number of the SIM card in the unit and then married to an authorized mobile phone number/s.

This means you can have signals sent to more than one phone if you wish. Great if you have these on your children's bikes/school bag/wife's handbag, etc. With connection to multiple authorized mobile phones, it increases the chances of someone being nearer to the vicinity of the bike and reduce arrival times to the thiefs location. The SMS link containing the GPS co-ordinates can be forwarded to other people, police, etc to assist in the search.

The simplicity of this device allows you to quickly swap it out and use it on other bikes, cars, jetskis, etc and even pets.

They do have other models including GPS tracking Tail lights, but we opted for the TK108 since lights can be stolen very easily, resulting in the loss of the tracker and leaving the bike unprotected. some of their units come with free lifetime mapping, others are $5/yr/device, whereas the TK108 is free for life as of last week. (07/2016)

What could they do to improve it?
Make it slightly bigger to fit a high decibel alarm. Not so much for scaring thieves away (which would work too but also alert them to the presence of the device), but more so when it comes time to pinpoint its EXACT location should there be some slight discrepancy.

eg. If the device lands you in front of a condo building and you are not able to narrow down the exact location, you could SMS the device to sound the alarm making it easier to find the correct door to knock on or kick in.. 8) Here in Thailand, most apartments have security at the door and cameras which would make this much easier.

Another idea would be to include a speaker and the ability to make the device talk. eg. send a voice message to the device that would repeat at intervals (intermittent alarm, then voice, repeat) telling the thief to return the bike to its former location before the authorities (whom have been alerted) arrive.

Or something like this....
"This vehicle is fitted with an advanced GPS tracking device. Your exact position has been sent to local authorities whom are currently on route to your location. Please await anxiously for their prompt arrival and your pending incarceration". :lol: :lol:

Francesca Xiao was my point of contact at Haoday in Shenzhen and she was most helpful answering a plethora of questions and offering prompt tech support. She also activated the device and created a user account for me. I then went in and changed my password...

Happy Days.

Good Luck!!

http://haoday.en.alibaba.com/product/60215015501-221251738/waterproof_TK108_Original_GPS_GSM_GPRS_personal_pets_minitracker_sos_button_for_helping_Geofence_and_movement_alert.html

http://geo.followit.com.cn/

Those guys are crazy, setting all sort of bike thieves traps. I like this one, thinking about fitting one myself. :twisted:

[youtube]j_I4egIA8vo[/youtube]

Back