• Howdy! we're looking for donations to finish custom knowledgebase software for this forum. Please see our Funding drive thread

Looking at buying a used Stealth B52…anything to look out for?

unclejemima

100 W
Hi guys. I’m looking at a used Stealth B52. Serial number is 1280 something I believe and stated as a 2020 model.

Bike has a few factory upgrades including Fast Ace 10” front fork and DNM 8” rear shock as well as MT7 quad piston brakes.

It’s got about 350miles on it from the original owner and the asking price is around $4200usd.

So…with all that, it seems like a good deal. But it’s obviously sat more than it was ridden and I’m assuming depending on the charge state when parked, the battery is probably getting long in the tooth.

I know there was some changes over the years with the B52…so what transmission would this one have? 6speed or 9speed?

The lcd panel would be upgrade from the original CA display, so that I should be able to program power levels directly from the bike, correct?

It’s the twist grip gen 1 model, not the push button gen 2.

Anything to look or check for? Are these transmissions fragile or any battery checks I can do?

Let me know :)

IMG_1291.jpeg

Here’s a few more. There’s not a ton. I’m driving through the town it’s in…and it’s a 5 hour drive away so I’m basically gonna have to make a call on the spot.

Attachments

• IMG_1292.jpeg
    IMG_1292.jpeg
    659.2 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_1293.jpeg
    IMG_1293.jpeg
    572.3 KB · Views: 9
anyone? :). Going to look at the bike tonight👍
How much would you be willing to pay for the bike if you needed to buy a new battery too?
At minimum, I'd tell him to fully charge the battery before you leave to see the bike, so you can see it can take and hold a full charge when you get there.

Anything, I'd say everything including as above (and probably most importantly battery health). Is there a dealer in the area or is Stealth direct to consumer there (if so, you could have them check it)? If not, you're in the wild west.

Back