Looking for a efat bike

joco

100 mW
Ok there you go,,,,i am looking to get myself a E fat bike for next spring.

Get a fat bike and make it electric or buy it already done!

I am 280 pound man
And would mabe even tow a little trailer and kayak so onother 150 pound in the back,,,mabe

So what you recomend

And sadly the less$ the beter. Budget is low

And what should i get for the motor in whats,,,and type off propultion,,,frictions,,,hub or? ?

Thanks
In ottawa ontario region

Joco

Make it.

The premade ones are expensive from what I know and not many parts are available for ebikes. Go to Wal-mart and get a $200 Mongoose fatbike. Put a strong Direct Drive hub motor in the rear. I hope you can lace a wheel or else you'll be paying someone.

Then, it's up to you to score a deal on a suitable battery for the setup. You'll want a lot of battery if you want to either go fast, far or are heavy. If you have a combination of those attributes, you'll be needing a huge (capacity) battery.

Fatbikes are fun. Most are around $1500 or more, but the The Walbike is going to be $199. Sadly, you get what you pay for and it's going to take several hundred to rebuild it to a suable standard. But it's still cheaper than a normal Fatbike. Almost everyone who's rode one agrees the stock tires are total sh!t, and it needs propper tires. Real fatbike tires are ~$100 each.

Hub motor is the easiest and cheapest way to go, but Fatbikes need torque. So a HT3525 or a geared hub at least. Twin geared hubs in a fatty would be a great setup.

One issue with the cheap mongoose fat bike, is that it has coaster brakes. So that will add cost, getting some disk mounts put on the thing. Then, you can't just order a cheap hub with a fat rim. Then, you want to tow a fairly big trailer, making most stock hub motors a bad choice. Already, you just lost the cheap ebay kit as an option.

How tight is your budget? A good fat bike will cost ya.

I recommend getting a very slow rpm motor, for the rear wheel preferably. That will help you with the slow speeds under heavy load you will have with the trailer. Or, get a motor that runs through the chain, allowing the use of low gears.

Then, instead of a fat bike, get a regular steel beach cruiser with a 7 speed rear gear. Well under $200. It will be able to run a pretty fat tire, perhaps as big as 3" wide. Do you need fat? Like to run through deep sand? If so, deep sand is really hard on hubbies with 26" wheels.

Thanks to all response.

Great to see loal ottawa response,
3000$ is not my way to go.
Sure it wort the price,,,but way out for me!

Like i said big guy here closer 275 pound
And want to use to get to work
And pull a little light trailer with a kayak and stiff to go fishing!

So it as to be strong frame to start with.

There is good soldi steel frame out there....
There must be some loacl guys that can build one not to expensive.

I was almost tempted due that will be having a trailer anyway for the kayak mabe i canmsimply turn that trailer in a push trailer....mmmmmmm

Try Bigboxbikes.com They have a "Fatbike" section. I was hanging out there a few days ago and someone mentioned a nice fattie at bikesdirect.com for $1000. Chromo, F&R disc, etc.

Back