Love the Baserunner, suggested improvements

I've installed a baserunner on trike. Nice intégration.
Is there a way to switch to control the motor direction ?

Don't find the (complementary) brown wiring with throttle like on the Phaserunner ...
No possibility with baserunner ?

Hi @OneBadWolf,

To clarify, would the Baserunner_L10 be a better fit for your build? I'm building a bike with a 2000W motor and I was told the Baserunner_L10 is out of stock, and not sure when they're coming in. I'm thinking of just buying the Pacerunner, but love the small size of the Baserunner series...

Anyone here experience any overheating issues with the Baserunner since it's located underneath the battery?

OneBadWolf said:
I just bought a Baserunner. I wish I hadn't.

Because of the issue where the Hall info does not pass through the Baserunner to the Cycle Analyst, (which I was assured would work when I bought the two together), or the ill conceived lack of a connection for the thermistor, requiring inelegant bodgery to get a temp forward to the CA?

That's part of it. Mostly though, because it was a complete waste of my time and money. It was the wrong unit.

I didn't know the right one existed. Grin did though. From their website yesterday.

Grin Baserunner_L10, - Flat Field-Oriented Waterproof Motor Controller for Battery Enclosures with L1019 Motor Plug and New 8Pin CA-WP Plug. 80A Peak Phase Currents (~45-50A Continuous).

As opposed to the Shtrunner, they sold me, with 55A Peak Phase Currents (~30-35A Continuous), and wiring that is fkd up like a home made radio. No spiffy New 8Pin CA-WP Plug for me.

The status of the new unit is " Availability: Out of stock - Backorder Available". So, maybe I'm not Grin's largest customer. I had only spent about $1000 there over the last 3 years before this purchase.

There was nothing on the blog, No "coming soon" nope, just Out of stock - Backorder Available. Meaning, there was stock, and I never even had an opportunity to pay full price for a new proper one, those got sold to the "valuable customers" apparently. I'll have to remain in limbo for that privilege.

No wonder it's called Grin. Get your lowly non-corporate customers to pay for the privilege of being your Beta Testers. The Bill Gates model for success. Grin goes one better, they then market the now usable product to the deep pocket buyers. I get to pay nearly double by the time I get proper one. I might be able to recover a small amount by selling the "old" Shtrunner. I'd feel guilty asking much more than $75 for it.

I suppose Grin must feel I received extra value, because now, I get the joy of completely tearing down, and re-wiring my bike/motor yet again. Winner Winner Chicken Dinner!! :evil: :x

And now they are seeking investors, sorry, Grinvestors (honest).

https://www.ebikes.ca/about-us/grinvestors.html

See, its an actual thing.

"Here is our one caveat; if you don't already know and trust us with our word or would need additional legal documentation then this isn't for you."

Now, that IS worth a Grin! :lol:

Maybe they'll be a firmware release opening up the Shtrunner.

Where the hell are the Chinese cloners when you need them?

Perhaps the funniest part, is that as a Canadian, I already have been paying for these products.

Our government recently handed over nearly a million.

https://www.570news.com/2018/03/14/feds-invest-800k-waterloos-accelerated-systems-creates-15-jobs/

If you didn't know, Accelerated Systems is the actual creator of the Phase/Base/ShtRunner. It gets better and better.

Back