Lyen 18FET settings - Picture!

cbr shadow

1 kW
I'm setting up my controller and I'm unsure what settings to put. Can someone tell me what "safe" settings would be? What areas here would you change? See my setup description below:
HS3540
Lyen 18FET Controller
Turnigy 24s 3p Lipo setup - (88v Nominal, 15Ah)

I'd like some pretty conservative settings to start with, and could change them to be more aggressive in the future.

Here's a screen shot of the controller program.
(Also, is the 'board type' e312 for the 12FET, 318 for 18FET, etc??)

Attachments

• Lyen18FET.JPG
    Lyen18FET.JPG
    67.5 KB · Views: 413
Those settings are fine, if pretty low for an 18 FET, but a good starting point ( I run a 6 FET on 30 A and 90 A phase current!). You've selected an 18 FET OK, it is a 318.

Thanks for the response!
I'll give it a try now.

I guess I always pictured a setting for voltage.. is that not the case? It just runs at whatever the batteries are sending?

cbr shadow said:
I guess I always pictured a setting for voltage.. is that not the case? It just runs at whatever the batteries are sending?

Yes, it's set by whatever the battery voltage is. The only voltage settings are the low voltage cut off (which you've currently set at 37V, a bit low for the supply you're running at, but won't cause a problem) and the regen voltage. You can't get enough regen voltage for an 88V pack without modding the controller, so that's not really an issue.

Lower your Block Time to 0.1 if you want to be a bit safer for the controller.

Thanks guys for the information. I used the default settings and connected everything today and it worked! Motor spun the wheel just fine! Tomorrow I'm going to finish running the wires nicely, figure out attaching the paniers, make some type of power switch, and take it for a ride!

Back