• Howdy! we're looking for donations to finish custom knowledgebase software for this forum. Please see our Funding drive thread

mongoose beast with 72 volt and lyen 18 fet

here is a mongoose beast with a 5305 hub and lyen 18fet overclocked.[youtube]cM8ACwGPk04[/youtube]

Facepalm. Pretty torque arm, but held by one hose clamp? Unbelievable you'd do that given the level of expertise on the rest of the build.

The fact that the torque arm is held so far away from the axle means a good deal less force is being applied to that hose clamp, but still…

Also I think it's funny that while he powder coated or painted every last tiny washer on that bike, the hose clamp is left bare metal.

Also stop double posting, man. We'll see the bike wherever it is posted.

controller is raw and matches the faux carbon fenders but will be getting painted and as far as hose clamps I cant paint or powdercoat them they just chip and this video was right before I did my brake plate stuff for the rear. any hoo I plan on adding 2 more clamps along with the current one. the fact that the torque arm is back so far it creates a very low amount of stress on the torque arm but. you are still right. im cranking way more power from it so it needs to be secure for sure. future videos will be less ignorant. constructive criticism is always appreciated because it just makes it faster and prettier. :D thanks again and stay tuned for updates.

Keep up the pretty builds!

Also you might consider stainless steel zip ties. I'm not sure how strong they are in that application, but two or three of them will look much nicer than two or three hose clamps, in my opinion.

fatbikebuilder said:
...constructive criticism is always appreciated because it just makes it faster and prettier.

I'll sign off on pretty, but where's the fast? All I saw was a bike sitting still. :mrgreen:

Oh, and forget the hose clamps and make your own little bracket, like those used to secure coaster brake torque arms.

I thought I posted a riding video earlier. if I did sorry dogman. start video around 2:00 minutes

[youtube]1vkiIvb9jAA[/youtube]

Back